Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low testosterone, 20s, doctor wont help... what to do?

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ man you crack me up.. But ya bro go to another doc I got put on trt at 25 before ever touching the juice. Some peoples test drops a lot faster then most.. And once I've got on it I feel like a champ. But now that I'm on Tren this lethargy is killing me ๐Ÿ˜ซ I feel like I have low t again.. Oh well I'm getting strong and swoll as shit. Plus I only have like 4 weeks left. Next run I'm doing super high test and medium Tren. Sorry to get off subject. But go to another doctor! Tell them you don't care about there opinions you care about your test levels being normal.

I am a physician and very few of my colleagues know much about hypogonadism. Your levels are within normal range. However, the listed normal range is very wide (250 to 850) and 250 is NOT normal for someone your age. You should be in the 500s. Did you have your blood drawn in the early morning? Should be an 8am blood draw. If it's low, I'll repeat it along with additional studies to determine the cause. You need a LH, FSH, SHBG, Prolactin, TSH, ACTH, and I also like to check an iron level. Any physician who is educated on the subject will tell you that cardiovascular risk is actually increased in someone who has low testosterone. Replacement decreases cardiovascular risk.

Medicine is about optimizing quality of life. You need find another physician, one who is experienced with hypogonadism. You will likely find even endocrinologists who are clueless on the subject even though they are supposed to be the experts. Just keep searching until you find one. Express to them that your quality of life is suffering. Are you married? Tell them it is having a significantly negative impact on your interpersonal relationships. It will cause depression, decreased energy levels, decreased motivation, decreased vigor, and even decreased bone mass. You'll be less and less active, thus increasing your risk for weight gain, which will increase risk for insulin resistance or diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, etc. It really is a no-brainer.

I wouldn't recommend self-medication. You need further evaluation to rule out the bad stuff first and foremost. Also, if you self-medicate, you will lose trust of any future providers you see. I could tell if you were low because you had been taking exogenous steroids. Don't do it. You just need to find a doc that knows what they are doing. Don't give up. Your quality of life will most certainly continue to suffer. The benefits of replacement far outweigh the risks. Like I stated earlier, the effects of hypogonadism are more harmful than the minimal risk of replacement. There was a recent meta-analysis done which addressed the incorrect allegations of increased cardiovascular risk which have been claimed recently by studies of poor design. One such study was done in non-ambulatory (essentially bedridden) elderly men. Who the hell would give such a patient testosterone in the first place. Definately not a study population which can be extrapolated to the general population. Bottom line: there is an agenda targeting TRT for some reason. However, those who know have spoken out very loudly against these false claims. This meta-analysis which I mentioned does a good job of proving that there is no increase in cardiovascular risk and, actually, the opposite is true that it actually decreases with testosterone replacement in an otherwise healthy male. I have the article at my office. If I can remember, I'll get the reference next week and post it for you. I'm sure you could find it through a quick google search.

Top Bottom