Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb and alcohol

i know alcohol will kick you out of ketosis. I tried drinking on a keto diet using soli and crystal light. it didn't work.

alcohol is the byproduct of the fermentation of starches and sugars.

ALL alcohol has carbs in it. not only does alcohol inhibit the proper digestion of proteins in the stomach it also causes insulin levels to rise high enough to promote fat storage

So lets sum it up....

What would be the BEST possible health wise alcoholic drink for you? So many opinions but if you were going to drink and wanted to minimize carbs/cals leading to fat, what would be best?

Liquor doesn't have carbs in it, even Captn' Morgan & Diet Coke. I'm not a gay man, but a straight chick and it's usually what I'll drink when low-carbing. It's my favorite even when I'm NOT low-carbing.

None of the straight liquors have carbs; rum, whiskey, gin, vodka, etc. Stay away from the liquers though - tons of sugar. Beer is usually pretty high. Lite beers can be anywhere from about 3-6. The new low-carb beers has about 2.6 and I think it's called Michelob Ultra. I've heard it's pretty good from other low carber's.

I have Cpn Morgan & Diet Coke and stay in ketosis just fine afterwards - but get drunk on just 2-3. I also usually get a pretty bad hangover from drinking when low-carbing, especially when I'm in deep ketosis.

You'll find that the dehydration from drinking will make you show purple pretty easily. If you're still in the pink range two days later, you probably haven't done any damage.

The biggest problem with drinking and long-term low-carbing is that it's really easy to rationalize eating a bunch of crap when you're drunk. :)

Fawn

Top Bottom