Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb and alcohol

Re: Keep the Proofs High!

BEEFSTEAK67 said:
The higher the proof of the alcohol the less syrups and simple carbs are found in the liqour. Although if your thinking of staying in ketosis while you drink on Thurday- Sunday forget about it. Although Alcohol is not classified as a carbohydrate (7 calories/ gram) it does impact glucose levels in the body when it is being processed.

For the least amount of carbs I suggest drinking 151 rum or 180 proof grain alcohol mixed with a diet beverage. You'll never be called a fag ordering that gasoline at a bar even if it is with diet coke or 7up

The BEEF

151 and diet coke, now that is hardcore!

Re: Keep the Proofs High!

BEEFSTEAK67 said:
The higher the proof of the alcohol the less syrups and simple carbs are found in the liqour. Although if your thinking of staying in ketosis while you drink on Thurday- Sunday forget about it. Although Alcohol is not classified as a carbohydrate (7 calories/ gram) it does impact glucose levels in the body when it is being processed.

For the least amount of carbs I suggest drinking 151 rum or 180 proof grain alcohol mixed with a diet beverage. You'll never be called a fag ordering that gasoline at a bar even if it is with diet coke or 7up

The BEEF

Alcohol has NO IMPACT on Blood Glucose levels.

What happens when you drink alcohol in Ketosis?

Your blood glucose levels will DROP.

I'm assuming here of course that you're drinking straight-up
spirits.

I jig Jose Cuervo Tequila+1/2 lemon and down it goes.......

In ketosis, I can get merry of just 2.

Remember, that its LIVER GLYCOGEN that interferes with
the speed which you will get drunk at
i.e. Full Liver glycogen = A lot of drinks to get merry.

No Liver glycogen = Instantly merry after 2/3.

Fonz

Fonz

So does that mean that eating a lot of fruit may make it harder to become drunk and make you more of a 'heavy weight'??

KillerLoop said:
So does that mean that eating a lot of fruit may make it harder to become drunk and make you more of a 'heavy weight'??

Yes, but you'll get lots of gas that way.

Better is 120g Honey before going out.
High fructose content.

A lot of people use this trick.

Fonz

Fonz said:

Yes, but you'll get lots of gas that way.

Better is 120g Honey before going out.
High fructose content.

A lot of people use this trick.

Fonz

what for? heh.. the less drinks i need to get "merry" the better.. that stuff ain't cheap :p

Since the additives.. and not the alcohol are the problem(so you say), it'd be safer to drink high proof alcohol like Everclear(190 proof) and dilute it in mineral water(with gas) or just drink it straight if you can handle it. Also Bacardi makes a 151 proof rum that goes down easily straight. I made be completely wrong but that's just what I understood from the theory that everything but the alcohol is bad.

hehe.. i ordered the 151 and diet coke recently.. the bartender was making fun of me saying "Don't pee next to an open flame!" hehe.. she also said that she uses 151 when they blow fire.. one of those fire blowers i guess *shrug*

Top Bottom