Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Little advice on PWO shake?

Thanks for that info, 45 mins gives me enough time between completing my last rep and mixing up a PWO shake.

Also, how long after consuming the PWO shake should you eat your next meal? I am aware this meal should consist of a good balance of slow digesting protein (such as chicken/turkey/beef/fish etc), some slow digesting complex carbs and some healthy fats. Obviously the carbs in the PWO should be fast digesting and have a high GI, so what do you recommend should be the maximum time-frame between your PWO shake and your next meal to ensure that your blood sugar levels do not drop to a massive low and that your body does not go into a catabolic condition?

trojan1444 said:
It takes me about 15 minutes to get back from the gym to my blender where I usually blend up Gatorade, a banana and whey for my PWO shake.

I was thinking that instead I could just use a shaker and mix the Gatorade and whey right at the gym, and then just eat the banana whole. Would this be better than waiting 15 minutes to get to a blender?

Also, I think raisins are a little higher GI (65) than banana (55). Should I grab a handful of raisins instead of the banana?

You want high GI carbs PWO, that's right. But that's not all.
It's not because some foods are high in the GI scale that they are good PWO.
Let me explain.

Your choices for PWO carbs are fruits. Fructose is very bad PWO. You really don't want any. I know on this board many have bananas or else, but that's scientifically false. Fructose resplenish liver glycogen, while PWO you need to resplenish MUSCLE glycogen.

If you are willing to learn more, read the Window of Opportunity article. That's the scientifically the best PWO nutrition. Have a read my friend, and leave the fruits for another part of the day.

|D_J^B_J| said:
Also, how long after consuming the PWO shake should you eat your next meal?
I usually wait about 2.75-3.5 hours before I eat again. This allows muscles to take full advantage of the insulin spike without introducing anything that will affect that spike.

|D_J^B_J| said:
Also, how long after consuming the PWO shake should you eat your next meal?

I believe 1 to 1.5 hrs after PWO. But if dieting i will only eat complex carbs in my pwo.

Top Bottom