Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Little advice on PWO shake?

trojan1444

It takes me about 15 minutes to get back from the gym to my blender where I usually blend up Gatorade, a banana and whey for my PWO shake.

I was thinking that instead I could just use a shaker and mix the Gatorade and whey right at the gym, and then just eat the banana whole. Would this be better than waiting 15 minutes to get to a blender?

Also, I think raisins are a little higher GI (65) than banana (55). Should I grab a handful of raisins instead of the banana?

it means someone does not like you if you look under your user name there is karma hits this are usually give when someones post helps you or you agree you give them good karma if someone does something wrong you give them negative and i think if you get enough you will be banned to answer your question i do not think the 15 minutes is going to make any reall difference i would also recommend taking in at least 40 grams of dextrose and 40 grams of whey post work out 1 bottle of gatorade hasi think 20 grams you can get the powder and use multiple scoops or get pure dextrose the choice is yours peace

I agree with wellbit, 15 minutes should not make a difference. I would stick to just dextrose and whey. It's easier that way (I'd rather have dextrose of fructose from a banana anyway).

KWKSLVR said:
I agree with wellbit, 15 minutes should not make a difference. I would stick to just dextrose and whey. It's easier that way (I'd rather have dextrose of fructose from a banana anyway).

What duration of time between your last rep and consuming the PWO shake do you think would make a difference? In my situation, when I do abds (twice a week) I do them at the end of my workout for roughly 10 minutes, then stretch and go for a light cooldown walk/cycle for 10 minutes. From there, it takes me roughly 10 minutes to get home and have my PWO shake. So it's usually around 30 - 35 minutes between completing my last rep and consuming my PWO shake on the days I do abds.

In order to shorten the time, which would be better: doing abds BEFORE the rest of my workout or scrapping the cooldown/stretch? Is a cooldown necessary after an intense weights workout?

Ignoring the red K, since this question may be of interest to others reading.

The ideal PWO, which is what I use, consists of:
1 scoop of concentrate
1 scoop of isolate
30g of dextrose (moderate depending on how big you are).

I load these three components into a little tiny shaker bottle I bought at a grocery store. Then I fill it from the water fountain as I leave the gym and chug it down.

Good luck.

|D_J^B_J| said:
What duration of time between your last rep and consuming the PWO shake do you think would make a difference? In my situation, when I do abds (twice a week) I do them at the end of my workout for roughly 10 minutes, then stretch and go for a light cooldown walk/cycle for 10 minutes. From there, it takes me roughly 10 minutes to get home and have my PWO shake. So it's usually around 30 - 35 minutes between completing my last rep and consuming my PWO shake on the days I do abds.

In order to shorten the time, which would be better: doing abds BEFORE the rest of my workout or scrapping the cooldown/stretch? Is a cooldown necessary after an intense weights workout?
well bro from everything i have read you have a good 45 minutes to tAKE advantage of this so called window of opportunity

wellbilt said:
well bro from everything i have read you have a good 45 minutes to tAKE advantage of this so called window of opportunity
I agree. I have mine immediately after, but I have a home gym.

Top Bottom