Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LINKS TO TOP THREADS! Must Read! Full of information!

Daisy Girl, I have read throught your posts and found them very informative. I am need of some help with my wife who seems to be resistant to all efforts. Below is the post I put up of the situation/diet. Any advice?

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction here. My wife was basically anorexic for 2yrs, ate 1 6oz yogurt a day and limited herself to 2 cups of water as well. All this while playing college volleyball and running 5miles a day. I can't believe she is still alive. 1st year with me she was on about 500-700kcal/day diet, pretty much dinner only. I started training her on a 3day bodybuilding split with diets of 1000kcal to 1300kcal/day and any where from 38% to 60% carbs & at least 1 gallon of water/day. She gained muscle and fat at first and now seems to be gaining just fat? 5'9 and was 128lb, now at 141lb and around 23%bf. Her BMR is around 1450kcal/day but I am afraid she would gain even more fat and get more depressed. Could there be medical issues here? I have never had a person I couldn't get to burn fat, her body just doesn't respond. Any ideas on how to change up dieting/wkouts?

Thanks for the replies. I will attempt to answer all the questions. Yes, blood work done in the past month, just a basic test. Dr said everything was in the normal range including Thyroid which was my concern due to frequency of being cold, especially the hands. Hormones were not tested and she doesn't take birth control or other meds. RMR is figured with Harris-Benedict equation, not including activity which does bring it up in the 1800-1900 range. In the times I have tried to get her above 1400Kcal she could barely eat the food, was uncomfortable. Interesting thing with her is she claims to be bloated a lot, feels as though she retains water a lot of water and says it's almost as if her skin will hurt it's so hydrated which I have never heard before. This is a concern of mine not having worked with many women, is this normal in for females?
My thinking is that at 1200-1300kcal maybe around 1000kcal if she skimps while at work w/o my knowledge is that her body finally has enough kcal to actually store some fat and being in starvation mode it does. Back when she consumed a few hundered a day there wasn't even enough for fat storage. I think the muscle gains might be mainly from water in the muscle as she was obviously dehydrated before dinking less than 30oz fluid a day. I would like to take her to 1800 kcal a day but am fearful her body won't respond well just due to the former eating pattern and worsen the fat storage. I also had her stop cardio for 1 month as I think her body was too accustomed to it after 4yrs of running 4-5miles almost every day. I am about to start the cardio again by doing a 4day lift/3day cardio plan. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

We have been working on her for 4.5 months of which there were a few weeks where the diet was not followed at her request. The current diet is as follows.

Break, 354kcal. =eggs and oatmeal. 27g protein, 40g carbs, 9g fat
snack, 132Kcal. =.5 scoop muscle milk and .5 scoop egg protein 26g Pro, 3g Carb, 4.5g Fat
lunch, 228
kcal.-3 oz chicken breast and 6 0z sweet potato. 27P, 30g Carbs, 1g F
snack, 204Kcal =yogurt and almonds. 19g carb, 16 P, 7g fat ( I think she will skip a lot because shes at work)
PWO shake, 242Kcal =42g Carb, 19 Protein. Half banana, apple juice or rice milk and whey.
dinner, 121 Kcal = 4oz fish or other lean meat. steamed fresh or a canned vegetable like green beans, asparagus etc. 24g P, 4g carbs 1 F

Top Bottom