Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

leg routines/advice

ckelley11

I have been working out for a few years and have gotten pretty big. But, I have never really worked legs too much and considering competing, so i need good legs, does anyone have tips for building large and powerful legs? thanks

Squats. Full squats.

6 sets of 10 reps with 30 sec rest between sets

2 sets of 20, blood curdling sets that is

5 sets of 5 reps

5 sets of 3 reps

4 sets of 6 reps

8-12 sets of 2 reps

Just pick a squat routine and go with it...but go hard.

B True

The most important aspect of leg training, IMHO... is the mental preparation.

Just come to the gym ready for a different world of pain. It's unlike training anything else...the pain is totally different.

what genetiking said is the truth. leg day pain is like no other. i get a headache after i finish up with squats and start to hit leg press. i have this tunnel vision look on my face and i sort of wander around when it's time to get some water, trying to keep my legs from collapsing. leg day is good stuff.

When you're puffing like your on top of Mt Everest, You've found the right routine...

Nothing will wear your ass out like legs...

Squats are the main course. Learn to do them right.

Start LIGHTER so you can go all the way to the floor and back up for a Rep. Get into that habit and work your way up with the weight.

Nothin is funnier that seeing guys load up a bar with 300 lbs in the squat rack, then only going down 2-3 inches and feeling bad-ass.

As a leg day desert, I just added heavy DB lunges. Sweet!!!

do u have any other workouts that work for legs besides squats? I want to get really big and powerful legs and am willing to work them.

Leg training is so incredibly important because the muscles are so large and the movements have such an anabolic affect on the entire body. Squats and dead-lifts are your foundation for some fanominal wheels. Don't neglect calves or you will have the classic bird legs on stage- calves are a hightollereance muscle so keep the reps above 12 and the sets high as well. As far as the squats and dead lifts go hit the leg work out twice a week - keep it intense and under control. Keep the sets around 4-5 with weight you can control- this is a huge movement get solid technique down and you gains will come alot faster. Don't try to impress anbody with big weight yet..get your form down with a challanging weight...maximize your growth...avoid injury. Your will gain confidence and be a super-human-stud in the end.:cool:

ckelley11 said:
do u have any other workouts that work for legs besides squats? I want to get really big and powerful legs and am willing to work them.
Don't underestimate SPRINTING. Have you seen elite sprinter's wheels? :eek: You don't have to train like one, but try throwing in 1-2 days/wk and do some simple sprints. Keep it short to get the anabolic (hormonal) response you want, remember you're not wanting to improve athletic performance. I.E. shorter distances (40-50 yarders) with shorter rest intervals. Try like a 1:6 work to rest ratio. I'm about to begin this and if I have decent results in size and strength I'll post it.

bump-o

how about a whole workout routine for legs. what is everyone doing for legs i want to compare my workout!

Due to some poor information years ago I always avoided squats and deadlifts. But things have changed cause I'm tired of chicken legs :) So here is what I'm doing now...

Squats - Light weight mostly cause I need to get my form down. Doing 1 warm up and 3 sets

Deadlifts - Once again going pretty light for the same reason. 1 warm up and 3 working sets.

Leg Press - I go as heavy as I can since form isn't a problem for me. 4 sets to almost failure since I don't have a spotter all the time.

Standing Calf Raises - 4 sets of around 12 reps.

Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets of around 10 reps.

I will probably start doing legs twice a week now as my legs are really lagging behind do to neglect and horrible genetics :bawling: so it looks like mondays and fridays are the hell days for me :)

Top Bottom