Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knots around my neck that hurt like hell

I got those too, and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was -- change in the lifting routine? Change in cardio workouts? Stress at work? Misadjusted chair? too much time mousing over this site?

Know what it turned out to be?

My new pillow.

It was too thick,a dn I sleep on my side and although it felt fine whenI was falling asleep, it was jamming my head up just a little too high and putting just a little bit of pressure on my neck/traps.Only just a little pressure, but spread out over 8 hours...

Funny how the little changes can be the ones that mess you up the worst. I use it for a couch pilow now, and my neck is just about recovered.

My Dad (a massage therapist -- yay) did this nasty massage technique where it felt like he was literally breaking up the knots -- it was like they were little crytal nodules, it felt like. Hurt like hell, but things are allright now.

My 2 cents worth.

Wyst

I get a massage every other week. If I could afford it I'd have massages around the clock! I love 'em, especially the "deep tissue" type massage with lots of hard pressure - (I'm into pain!)

I think massage is very important for muscle recovery. It helps clear the "waste" from your muscles. This means faster recovery, which mean faster gains. Besides, anyone training as hard as we do deserves it.

Top Bottom