Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

jenny craig here...haha

Ruca

hey everyone...a couple of weeks ago i started working out again for the first time in quite a while (years). i am 31 now and the past couple of years have been the first time in my life that i can actually put on fat. i am 6'3" and have always been abot 185#. about 5 years ago i worked out fairly hard for about a year and was up to 194# with very low body fat. since then i have/had lost my gains (scored a hot woman and then let it go...not the woman, my gains...haha), and put on a small roll around my mid-section (a year ago i was up to about 215#). quite a few months back i slimmed back down to about 195# just by upping my protein and cleaning up my diet some (not great but pretty decent). so getting back to the beginning of my post......i have been doing full body workouts to get back into it. i only have 4 workout days (over the last 2 weeks) under my belt since starting back (my right shoulder has some tendonitis which is fucking me!), and have not done any leg workouts yet. as of today i have toned up a little, but dropped down to 190#(down 5-6lbs). i KNOW i need to eat more. here is a sample of a normal day for me.....

wake up...1/2 to 1 cup of oatmeal...banana & 40 grams protein (drink)....or 2 whole eggs with 3 egg whites (5 total) with some wheat toast & 25 grams protein.

next meal....chicken breast & veggies (broccoli, green beans, carrots, etc.)

next meal....protein drink....40-50 grams protein (sometimes i miss this one or eat a sandwich)

next meal....chicken breast (or comparable...example salmon patty) w/veggies

next meal....protein drink made with skim milk before bed

many times i throw in a turkey sandwich with some wheat thins (or similiar) or a peanut butter & sugar free jelly sandwich....or just some anpb...throughout the day. also i take a 1 a day vitaman every morning as well as a fish oil pill in the morning as well as before bed.

i am not, nor do i care to be, hardcore about working out. i would like to eventually gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and then maintain. i plan on hitting the gym 3 times a week for now and then dropping back to 2-3 times a week.

so anyways......i think i already know that i am not eating enough. i guess maybe i am searching for some good tips on getting a little more dialed in on my diet, and maybe a good kick in the ass...haha.....also.....should i maybe throw in a burger or some other crap food here and there just to get my calories up? i was even thinking of adding a weight gain shake!?!?!?! thanks for any advice or constructful kicking!

coolcolj said:
might have more replies in the diet section :)

hey i think you are right. i actually posted it thinking more about my workout than my diet, but ended up going off about my diet....haha...maybe i will post a link over there. i think i may get scolded if i double post.

If you're asking about diet, put it there. If you're asking about workouts, here's the place. What exactly are you trying to do - trim down or bulk up? If you want to bulk up, then you need to eat more; realizing that you'll put on some bodyfat. If you want to lean out, then eat a bit less. Either way, I'd nix the 'full body' routine and start hammering on all of the compound lifts - bench, incline bench, squats, deads, pullups, bentover rows, standing military press or push press, etc. These will help build size/strength. If you're eating to trim, then this will add strength, but no size.

Wow, I'd probably eat more than that if I was cutting.

I'm 170lbs and trying to bulk and your diet probably wouldn't get me through to midday. I posted my diet yesterday in my training journal, which might give you some ideas: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5326435&postcount=158

You need to eat far more carbs and get some good fats in there too. Veggies, whilst good for vitamins and minerals, will hardy give you any calories. Add something like rice, yams or oats.

And ditch the protein drinks apart from after your workout, where you need fast absorbing protein. Eat slower digesting protein like chicken/tuna/beef for your main meals.

Hope that helps.

hey fellows thanks for the advice. sorry i posted this in the wrong section without even thinking about it. i knew i was starving myself but i didn't realize how much!! thanks for that link to your diet ab....man i just need to start fucking pounding some food! as with many, i am going to have trouble getting all my calories totally clean. i think i will just start eating as much as i can and make adjustments in a few weeks.

trout....as far as my goals...i would like to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and then cut a little fat that i may end up with. i am 6'3" and if i could get to 200#, muscular and lean i would be very happy. like i said, after my jenny craig 2 weeks...haha...i am at 190# with a little extra on my stomach right now (but man i did lose the tire quick!). also...i started breaking up my workout today. i just did a few full body ones to get back into it.

thanks again for the advice.....if there is any more to be had it will also be appreciated!

Top Bottom