Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jacque's Journ(ey)(al)

fAT 70G 34%
CARB 172G 33%
PRO 151G 33%

CALS 1879

Dinner was yum!! Salmon w/ lemon juice and a small avocado... tastes yummers together!!
Lunch: no fat cottage cheese flax oil and almonds
Breakfast: coffee
Ate fruit and veggies for the other meals.

Your diet seems all over the place! One time you are no carbing it, and the next you're eating a bushel basked of fruit. Have you ever tried a good, clean diet with chicken breasts, tuna, salmon, lean beef, rice, sweet potatoes, and low carb veggies? Don't get me wrong, I love fruit myself, but it seems like sometimes you are getting too much.

Please post up your work schedule so we can get a better idea of what kind of schedule you are on. I want to make certain recommendations, but just don't know what is feasible on your end.

I am having digestion problems right now and I am trying to get that sorted out. Hence the fruit during the day and protein at night. I am slowing cutting out the fruit and adding more protein during the day.
I have tried eating totally clean (like what you posted) and I get soo constipated. The only time I would go would be on Saturday (my cheat day) I went off of the low carb (as much as I loved IT!!!) because I got my period 3 times in one month. Which I am still on and it has been 8 days long so far. Which to me is unacceptable. My body has to be telling me something.
I never eat carbs past 5. Yeah I know.. my diet is all over the place but my work outs are consistent.

During the week I get up at 3am to get ready for work.
My job is VERY physical. I am on my feet working hard all day. I work in a sawmill. I get off at 2 and head to the gym, where I do 20 mins of cardio and superset my whole work out. I alternate between upper body and lower body days. I do between 3-4 different exercises for traps, shoulders, chest, back, lats, bis and tris. Lower body I do abs, quads, hams, and calves.
Lower body 15 reps of each exercise

Leg Press
squats: legs together, shoulder width and wide stance
leg extension

Lying leg curl
seated leg curl
dead lifts
cable kick backs

15-20reps for calves
calf press on leg press machine
single dumbbell standing calf raise
seated calf press

abbductor
adductor machine (inside and outside thigh)

side bends
inclince crunches
ball crunches
cable crunches

Okay, I had the feeling that you worked like a early morning to early afternoon type schedule. The best thing that I have done with clients that wish to shed weight is the empty stomach cardio first thing in the morning. When you wake up, drink a quart of ice cold water and do a half hour-45 minutes of cardio. There is a method behind this madness, believe it or not. Another thing you can do is train with weights first, and then do cardio. You aren't doing enough cardio to get the fat burning process started. At 20 minutes your body is just starting to cross over to the "fat burning zone". Push it to 40-45 minutes after your weight workout.
If you follow these two guidelines you will find that you can pretty much eat whatever you want.
If your work schedule doesn't allow the early morning cardio, do it on the weekends. Take that dog for a brisk 45 minute walk early in the morning. That always works for me.

I have stress fractures in my left shin starting at my ankle so I am limited to the type of cardio I do. I find the eliptical to be painful but I can bare it so I try and stick to the eliptical.
Saturday: I do 20 mins HIIT on empty stomach on the eliptical. 5 mins warm up and 30 secs level 10 pushing hard and 1 min level 1 but still motoring!! Isn't that better than doing longer less intense cardio?

Thank you SOOOO much for looking at my posts!! I really appreciate any advice and take it very seriously!!

Yes I do have an early shift. But there is no reason why I couldn't get up a bit earlier and do cardio in the morning. ACTUALLY every morning I wake up and say god dam girl get on that eliptical!! BUT I just don't do it. NOT EXUSE. I guess I think.. well I pretty much do cardio all day at work..lol then I work out... yeah.. bad bad!!
Then when I doing 10-20g carbs I thought what's the point of doing cardio on an empty stomach when all my glycogen is depleted anyway. I always find some sort of exuse. I really don't mind doing cardio after work.. I just can't seem to get my ass in gear for morning workouts except on the weekends.

OH YEAH I also superset my whole weight routine. I sweat like crazy

I took my temperature this morning... ( I had already gone pee and answered the phone) and it was at 94.46F That seems a bit low to me. I will do it again tomorrow and see.
Right now my temp. after moving around all morning and doing cardio ect.. is at 95.72
35.4C

Those low temperatures upon waking are far from optimal for fat burning purposes. It indicates to me that you may have a bit of a sluggish thyroid. Perhaps a visit to the doctor may be in order to try to get that addressed.

Your question on HIIT cardio...HIIT cardio is more for advanced trainers that have hit a wall with standard cardio and are looking for something to break through a plateau. You can save it for later down the road. I would still highly recommend trying one week of 40-45 minutes of elliptical training on an empty stomach at 70-80% of your max heart rate. A good rule of thumb is if you can't carry on a conversation with the person next to you, your heart rate is too high. There are charts on elliptical machines to follow that are age dependant. Since I have no clue how old you are, I'll leave that all up to you.

Jacqueline747 said:
I am having digestion problems right now and I am trying to get that sorted out. Hence the fruit during the day and protein at night. I am slowing cutting out the fruit and adding more protein during the day.
I have tried eating totally clean (like what you posted) and I get soo constipated. The only time I would go would be on Saturday (my cheat day) I went off of the low carb (as much as I loved IT!!!) because I got my period 3 times in one month. Which I am still on and it has been 8 days long so far. Which to me is unacceptable. My body has to be telling me something.
I never eat carbs past 5. Yeah I know.. my diet is all over the place but my work outs are consistent.

:confused: Were you using a site like www.fitday.com to track your fiber?? That seems like such an unusual side effect of healthy eating.....I mean to be healthy, there's no reason you can't include lots of fruit & veggies.....

Top Bottom