Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's cutting season. What's in YOUR diet?

This is what I'll be following when I get down to 2000 cals...

It's 1937 Calories 255g Protein 100g Carbs 68g fat

SAME food every day... but just more... when I'm @ 3000, then 2500, then 2000 etc...

Breakfast:

2 scoop(s), 100% Whey Gold Standard
0.5 cup, Berries

10:00am

6 Large Whole Egg(s)
1 cup, Spinach (cooked)
0.5oz, Almonds

12:30pm

6oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)

3:30pm

1 Cans of Tuna
1tbsp, Olive Oil

6:00pm (Post Workout):
1 scoop(s), 100% Whey Gold Standard
1 Banana(s) (1 medium)

9:00pm

6oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)
6oz, Sweet Potato (baked)

Simple... yet SHOULD be effective.. I hope.. :)

My diet consists of...

Whey
Cassein
Egg whites (one egg yolk)
Chiken
Beef

Oatmeal
Sweet Potato
Spinach
Bananas
Strawberries

Peanut Butter

That's it! I recently stopped eating fish due to the mercury levels. No more Tuna or Tilapia.

My diet consists of...

Whey
Cassein
Egg whites (one egg yolk)
Chiken
Beef

Oatmeal
Sweet Potato
Spinach
Bananas
Strawberries

Peanut Butter

That's it! I recently stopped eating fish due to the mercury levels. No more Tuna or Tilapia.

You know that only tunas in a can have lots of mercury.. Fish like Tilapia, salmon and others dont have enough mercury to cause problems, you have to eat about 20-30oz of tilapia to equal the amount of mercury in a can of tuna..
Also its weird that no one mentioned brown rice, its a staple in my diet..

I jump between sweet tater, and brown rice.. however I don't do so well with grains...

Strong I like your meal plan but I will comment that you're doing your cholesterol no favors with so many eggs and studies have shown that under 130g of carbs/day can lead to reduced brain functionality and even brain damage. Maybe you can do egg whites and toss in some natty peanut butter or some nuts to kick the carbs up a bit more. Outside of that I think your plan looks awesome and tasty! May have to try it myself!!! :)

Thanks Roofus... My levels have always been ok.. and I find that as long as I keep my HDL high... my LDL seems fine... But yea... I will likely bring that down... it's a little intense eating that many eggs... lol

im just trying to maintain/get a bit leaner slowly now that i'm off, but this is my diet

meal 1: 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop whey, 1 cup egg whites, some blue berries (like maybe 5-10g of carbs worth)

meal 2:
8oz skinless chicken breasts, with 1 cup of whole wheat pasta

meal 3:
same as meal 2

meal 4:
8oz 93/7 beef, 1 cup whole wheat pasta

post workout shake : 50g protein, 40g waxymaize, 5g creatine

meal 5: 8oz chicken breast

Meal 6: 1 cup of cottage cheese (0% fat)

on cardio days (2x per week), i drop the carbs from meal 2 and 3, and drop the waxymaize from my shake, and just have a banana or apple, with 3/4th a cup of oats.

and i have a carb up day on sundays. and i basically just eat a medium sweet potato with every meal (except before bed, and morning i bump the oats to 1 cup instead of 3/4th a cup)

protein is a little under 450g per day, and carbs are 140g 2x per week, 200g 4x per week, and ~300g 1x per week. fat is usually around 50-60g per day.

this coming week i am going to add 40g of carbs to every day, (going for alot of PRs next weekend) and kinda looking for a re-feed. i will probably do that every 4th or 5th week, and stick to this diet until i drop to 190 (then freak out and bulk a shitton), or october 1 when i get back on

edit: oh yeah, and i throw in a shitload of vegetables, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, asparagus,

Thanks Sub... I guess i'm on the right track... we have the same(ish) stats... and I'm doing this properly.. I just psych myself out sometimes... and think that it isn't working, and that I gotta live on water, and chicken breast for a while.. but I gotta just keep the faith...

Strong I like your meal plan but I will comment that you're doing your cholesterol no favors with so many eggs

Eh, this is a myth. If you look deeper into this "eggs can cause elevated cholesterol levels", you will see it is just not true. Just because you are ingesting dietary cholesterol, doesn't translate to elevated cholesterol levels in your blood. Eggs have actually been shown to increase "good" cholesterol levels (HDL) and decrease the "bad" cholesterol (LDL). Cholesterol is a tricky subject and has far too many bad connotations to the word. The things that can raise your cholesterol levels are things like trans-fats and they are everywhere in the American diet. I see many people ditching the real butter for this crap called "margarine" to spare on the calories (granted, not all margarines are created equal). I say, go for it, but you are getting a load of ***t that your body has no idea how to break down properly (uh, i.e. TRANS FATS). That is where your increase levels of bad cholesterol are sourced from. READ YOUR INGREDIENTS - even during bulking. Do NOT trust the outside label screaming "0 Grams Trans Fat"... actually pick it up... and ... read... the... ingredients. If you see "partially hydrogenated" or "hydrogenated", you have your trans fat.

"No Trans Fatty Acids
Trans fats have been nicknamed "stealth fats" because they have not been shown on food labels. Some food products may show 17g of Total Fat, 3.5g of Saturated Fat, and nothing else. What kind of fat is the remaining 13.5g? Nobody knows without doing a laboratory analysis. Technically, trans fats are unsaturated fatty acids with uncommon configurations that have been implicated as causing cardiovascular diseases. Some margarine, like Benecol margarine, claim to have no trans fatty acids. The ingredients, however, show the presence of partially hydrogenated oil that cannot be manufactured without creating trans fatty acids. The claim takes advantage of the FDA regulation that allows rounding to zero any ingredients that account for less than 0.5 grams per serving. Reduction of serving sizes to implement this type of misinformation became more frequent when the new FDA regulations requiring disclosure of trans fats went into effect in 2006." -

Eat your eggs. Keep your Omega ratios balanced and the tran-fats low.

Watch out for kid's cereal, popcorn, crackers. Here are some foods I pulled off of Web MD:

• A KFC Original Recipe chicken dinner has 7 grams, mostly from the chicken and biscuit.
  • Burger King Dutch Apple Pie has 2 grams.
  • Fries (a medium order) contain 14.5 grams
  • Ramen noodles and soup cups contain very high levels of trans fat.
  • A small bag of potato chips has 3.2 grams of trans fat.
  • Nabisco Original Wheat Thins Baked Crackers have 2 grams in a 16-cracker serving.
  • Sunshine Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers have 1.5 grams per 27 crackers.
  • Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran Cereal has 1.5 grams per 3/4 cup serving.
  • Post Selects Great Grains has 1 gram trans fat per 1/2 cup serving.
  • General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal has 0.5 grams per 3/4 cup serving.
  • Quaker Chewy Low Fat Granola Bars Chocolate Chunk has 0.5 grams trans fat.
I am going to say it again, enjoy your eggs! :)

Top Bottom