Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is wheat pasta still bad for you??

PatBateman

this is the only type of pasta I eat. If I took ala before I had some, is this a great complex carb? Also, should someone carb load after a workout, I usually just have 50g of whey and am going to add in fruit(ie a banana or strawberries in shake). Good idea?

Wheat pasta is a better choice than white flour pasta, unless you happen to be gluten-intolerant. I am, and I eat pasta made with quinona (?) flour when I get the pasta munchies.

Taking ALA before any carb is a good idea.

Carb loading after a workout - depends on your goals. Excercise improves insulin sensitivity, so carbs taken immediately after training will be shuttled to your glycogen-depleted muscles. The fructose in fruit, however, preferentially reglycogenates the liver, and not your muscles. Go with some dextrose instead if you really want carbs with your whey.

Ceebs said:
Wheat pasta is a better choice than white flour pasta, unless you happen to be gluten-intolerant. I am, and I eat pasta made with quinona (?) flour when I get the pasta munchies.

Taking ALA before any carb is a good idea.

Carb loading after a workout - depends on your goals. Excercise improves insulin sensitivity, so carbs taken immediately after training will be shuttled to your glycogen-depleted muscles. The fructose in fruit, however, preferentially reglycogenates the liver, and not your muscles. Go with some dextrose instead if you really want carbs with your whey.

thanks ceebs, what's dextrose, time to do a search! :p

Top Bottom