Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is this way ok to take creatine??????

110%

i am going to start taking 5 g glutamine before my workout and then 5 g of creatine monohydrate after my workout. is it ok if i use 1 cup of grape juice (should it be cold or warm) to mix it with and have a protein shake as well

Lately there has been debate about taking creatine nd glutamine togethr becaue they don't work as well when administered at the same time.
I would take 5-8 grams of glutamine after your workout along with 50 gm's of protein and 20 grams of simple carbs. 1/2 hour later take 5-8 gm's of creatine mixed in some kind od juice high in simple carbs. Also, to help it absorb even more, take ala with it.

I'm sure there was post a few days ago about this, the gist of it was that glutamine and creatine are processed through different canals in the body, this means they will never interfere with each other. Ill see what else I can find on it. It's quite an interesting subject.

H.

I think it is the AST company which claims Creatine and Glutamine should be taken separately as they fight for the same cells. When I posted on this about a week ago, some people say recent studies show that they don't actually go for the same target so its OK to take them together. I still don't know which one is true.

But I will definetely drink my Creatine right after a workout THEN after 30-40min I'll get my protein/Glutamine shake.

I agree i don't think Creatine and Glutamine use the same receptors in the body and AST-Research proved it. It has been shown that the best time to take creatine is w/ your post workout shake. Why? Because if your post workout shake triggers an insulin spike it will absorb the creatine as well as the protein and carbs. BloodDrinker has an Excellent post on this in the Diet Boards check it out, one of the best. I personally use 90g dextrose and 50g Whey. If you don't have Glutamine Peptides i wouldn't incorporate L-glutamine into this shake because it will compete w/ the other aminos for absroption. Glutamine peptides will not, and most will be absorbed. If you want the L-gluamine, i'd take it before the shake or 1 hour after, but not at the same time.

Top Bottom