Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there anything wrong with being obsessed with bodybuilding?

Refering to the original post. . . this is my problem

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=63791&highlight=thin+line

If you sound like me then I would suggest to go talk to someone.

I love weight training and the natural high it gives you, seeing yourself progress and overcome problems etc. I eventually want to compete.

But I feel like Im missing out on things because of the schedule of having to eat at set times but i CAN"T stray no matter how hard I want to.

strong

life sound me balanced. too much of anything is bad. Bodybuilding is great and will usually control your lifesyle. But you still gotta make time for family, friends, social life etc.

Grizzly:

If you are happy then no it is not wrong, but if you are starting to question yourself and need justification from others (as you are , because you are on here asking) then maybe it is time to re-evaluate.

I view gaining muscle like money, you've gotta use it. I am not a subscriber of gaining muscle just for the sake of gaining muscle. I want to look better and benefit in my other endevours in life. But then again, I am not shooting to become a pro, nor would I be able to, with my genetics.

Basically, I want to look better tomorrow than I did yesterday.

DanielBishop said:
If you go out, do other things.... then fine. There's nothing wrong with it. Why did you even ask the question then? I personally wouldn't say you're obsessed....

.... then again, I guess it depends on your definition of obsession.

Well, the reason that I use that word is that even when I'm out I'm thinking about muscles. Every time I drink a beer I think of the adipose tissue collecting around my abs. I stand on the edge of stairs or bars and do calf raises. I evaluate the physique of everyone that I see. I carry chicken in my pocket and eat it in the middle of bars or theaters or wherever I am. To me, that's a certain amount of obsession.

Robboe said:

grizzly, you eat every 3 hour for a few reasons - the main being a constant supply of nutrients.

spacing meals out also lets your body use the nutrients more efficiently.

you also slightly elevate metabolism so your fat gain will not be as much as with say 3 meals [if you're eating the same amount of cals].

btw i agree with cackerot.

I know the point of eating all the time. And that's the reason that I say you need to eat more frequently than every 8 hours. Sure, your intestines may not have absorbed everything, but most of that is going towards waste production anyway. A serious bodybuilder needs to eat every 2-3 hours. And who the hell only eats 3 times a day. If you're one of those people you're certainly not a bodybuilder or a powerlifer or any sort of strength athlete.

Cackerot- I don't read supplement mags. I don't even take supplements, save for protein powder. I get these ideas from bodybuilding books and mags. Last time I checked, Arnold says to eat every 3 hours. So does Dorian. Wow, and look here, Ronnie says to eat every three hours, too. Hmmmmm, I wonder if these are guys who know what they're talking about. Nah, probably not, you can win the Olympia by accident and not know anything about nutrition and training. I mean, everyone knows that if you use steroids you're going to look like a Mr. Olympia no matter what you do.

yeah so what

carrying chicken in your pocket and doing calf raises on stairs isn't normal. But your normal people are flabby, lazy, and unhealthy. Pistol Pete Maravich the basketball player used to carry a basketball to school with him and sleep with it that isn't normal but look at what he became. (You should get the pistol pete movie if you haven't seen it isn't good.) Normal is inferior to what your doing, don't be it. The ones that do similar behavior to you are the professional bb. You are driven and focused, you have done nothing to put yourself in grave harm. You have a hunger for your goal and that is awesome. but as for sizing up anyone elses physique? could it possibly be that you want to be the best. so what it is another harmless behavior. I'll admit that i do that or even check around to see what my competition is if there are girls around and see how can i make myself the best.

I too do similar things such as make sure i eat a meal before i go out or hit the gym on the weekends if i need to. I spend the weekdays studying, eating, going to the gym, and sleeping and limit my life to what i want it to be, i turn down social times like going to the movies or things such as that ain't nothing wrong with it. not what someone else wants it to be or not to what I FEEL like, that will get me nothing. so i can better myself instead i could be out having shooting the shit staying the same, and getting no were in life by not working on things in my life.

Now i don't know if people are saying things to you to make you make this post but if it's people giving you these ideas that is the exact reason why you have what it takes and they dont.

Top Bottom