Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there anything wrong with being obsessed with bodybuilding?

Moderation. It's possible to look incredible and not be consumed by the life. Certain aspects of the lifestyle; the clean eating, rarely (if ever) drinking, the dedication of 4 hours of every week to pushing myself to the absolute limit, the relentless desire for self-improvement...some of these things are healthy.

But there are other things in life. Almost anything taken to the levels of obsession requires the sacrifice of other things that may be important. Like someone else said, you don't want to look back and regret it.

I don't see how the possibility of regret should come into play at all. Hell, haven't you done lots of things that you regret? You know, "boy why the hell did I ever date that girl?" or "why didn't I smoke pot all day instead of playing a sport in HS" or whatever. Every choice you make you may regret later, so why worry about if you'll regret it. The only way to avoid regrets is to never do anything and then you'll probably regret never doing anything.

Personally I think that you can think too much about what you MIGHT regret

I think you have to strike an even balance, my training comes first, alongside my job, everything else fits in below it, I pretty much work a total of 40 hours+ a week and workout during the evenings also preparing my meals for the next day, so its very rare I go out, I dont have time, I went out yesterday and ended up getting to sleep at 1am cuz I had to make all my food for today. I dont do this often.

It is extremely rare I drink alcohol now, Ive done all that and it got boring, I dont need alcohol to feel good about myself, training does this for me.

If I go out, which I do at the weekends, I'll take a low carb protein bar with me and just eat it in the toilets of the club or whatever, I'll do anything to avoid catabolism while I am out, but I still enjoy myself. If I am out all day I will make a huge MRP shake and sip on it all day long.

I still see my friends although I dont engage in the same way of life as them, I.e do nothing in the week but drink and eat shit and at the weekend go out clubbing and get wasted, I get alot of criticism for how strict I am with my life now, but I like it so thats all that matters really.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. I actually commend you on it. Life should not be an empty thing just shooting the shit. You should have a goal in your life, a grand plan. And what you are doing is the way to go. I know quite a few people that sacrificed social, dating, and other sacrifices to get where they are. And now they are enjoying it tenfold. Look at all the athletes, musicians and how there sacrifices payed off,(michael Jordan used to only practice day in and out without doing anything else, so didn't larry bird, Mike Piazza, and so on. Look at all those musicians who sacrificed a whole lot to get the pay off in the end. King Kamali is a good rolemodel of what can be accomplished through sacrifice and the values that brought him to olympia status. The goal, they set a goal in life.

I don't know about you but I'd be much more happy looking back on my life knowing that i ranked in an olympia or came out with a hit song and was famous, or have become a multi-millionaire then looking back seeing that i made sure i drank and parties everyday too busy to accomplish anything in life having left not a slight mark on humanity besides being another average joe. but that's just me

lmao - you guys take this way too seriously.

if you eat a reasonably large meal before you go out then you don;t need to take protein with you.

the body takes about 8 hours to digest what's in your stomach so even if you're out between 7pm and 2am you got plenty of time.

you guys need to relax.

Well, Ronnie Coleman was a police officer with a girlfriend who went to church.... and he's won 3 Mr O's on the trot.... bodybuilding hasn't ever been the ONLY thing in his life.

If you go out, do other things.... then fine. There's nothing wrong with it. Why did you even ask the question then? I personally wouldn't say you're obsessed....

.... then again, I guess it depends on your definition of obsession.

Robboe said:
the body takes about 8 hours to digest what's in your stomach so even if you're out between 7pm and 2am you got plenty of time.

you guys need to relax.

Unless everything I've read is wrong, your body will have digested all of the food within about 3 hours. Hence, the need to eat every three hours. Besides, who can go 8 hours without eating anyway? If I'm not eating all day long I start to starve.

DanielBishop- Yeah, maybe obsessed isn't the proper word, yet maybe it is. All I know is that whenever I see a MUSCLEHEDZ cartoon, I think to myself "Wow, I've done that."

Grizzly said:
Unless everything I've read is wrong, your body will have digested all of the food within about 3 hours. Hence, the need to eat every three hours.

You need to stop reading supplement catalogs.

What cack said.

Your body will not have digested everything you have eaten in three hours.

You DO have 32 feet of intestine for a reason.

:hump:

...damn, ah well...

grizzly, you eat every 3 hour for a few reasons - the main being a constant supply of nutrients.

spacing meals out also lets your body use the nutrients more efficiently.

you also slightly elevate metabolism so your fat gain will not be as much as with say 3 meals [if you're eating the same amount of cals].

btw i agree with cackerot.

:hump: damn you!!...

Top Bottom