Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there anything wrong with being obsessed with bodybuilding?

Grizzly

I was just wondering what you people think. Is there anything wrong with being obsessed with bodybuilding? I mean to the point where you ditch your friends because you have to eat and your whole life revolves around training. I feel like there's something wrong with me and I need to focus on something more socially acceptable, like finance or something. My true career goal is to become a professional bodybuilder. Or atleast one of the high ranking NPC guys who gets endorsements and what not so that they, in essence, get paid to lift weights. Really, is it bad to let the love of muscle control your life?

I'd rather not wake up one day when I'm 75 and realise that my whole life was spent in the gym, in bed or eating....

.... and you've sacrificed friends, love, travel, experiences and memories and everything else that life should be about, just so you could be 10lbs bigger.

The biggest guys I've ever seen weren't ever OBSESSED.

DanielBishop said:
.... and you've sacrificed friends, love, travel, experiences and memories and everything else that life should be about, just so you could be 10lbs bigger.

The biggest guys I've ever seen weren't ever OBSESSED.

Number 1: Shall we read this months article about King Kamli in M&F? Hmmmm.... Let's see he is quoted as saying that he spent seven years of his life doing nothing but bodybuilding to the exclusion of most everything else. I doubt you've ever seen anyone bigger than King Kamali.

Secondly, I haven't sacrificed anything. Well, anything other than being a useless, beer belly having party boy. I go out, don't get me wrong, but I do so with both moderation and planning. I won't leave the house until around 9 so that way I can have gotten in most of my meals and all I have to do is bring out some chicken and rice with me. And love, I've had love. She actually helped with the bodybuilding since I didn't have to go out ever and I didn't drink nearly as much as I would if I were to have been looking for love.

As for "obsessed", fine it was a bad choice. How about dedicated? Or driven? Happy now?

I dunno, it's kind of a requirement. But I don't see any reason not to have friends and other interests. Hell, I do weird things with my schedule so I can eat, train and get my sleep, but I've also been known to make "training dates" with friends or to whip out a chicken breast at the movie theater. Most people will accept you with your eccentricities, and screw 'em if they don't, but if you don't have other things in your life, you'll end up killing yourself because your calves are too small or you'll go postal when you miss a big lift.

It just depends on what is most important in your life. If you feel bodybuilding supercedes the rest of you life then that is the right choice for you. If you don't you should definately reconsider the way your life is going.

i am obsessed i eat all the damn time,i go out once a week but i bring protein shakes with me,its not hard to have a life and bodybuild,during the week though i goto school,work,and workout,the rest of the time im eating so i do nothing then,but fri or sat i may go out

Scotsman said:
It just depends on what is most important in your life. If you feel bodybuilding supercedes the rest of you life then that is the right choice for you. If you don't you should definately reconsider the way your life is going.

I agree. This is not a right or wrong thing. It's all about choices. You have to decide whether bodybuilding is fulfilling enough to preclude all else. If it is, then you're doing what's right for you. If it's not, if you feel like you're missing out on life in exchange for the search for the perfect body, then you have a decision to make.

well- i love the feeling of not just being in shape, but looking it too- people know just by looking you work out is worth it....you can kinda see the envy in their eyes.....if pulling a double am/pm split at the gym 3 times a week is obsessive, i falll into that category....

Top Bottom