Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there any hope for my lower abs

MandieG

I've had 3 c-sections, and the pouch isn't getting any smaller. I do work my abs every day but the pouch is staying the same no matter how much weight I lose.

I am going to get a tummy tuck for the loose skin once I'm done with all my weight loss but I would love it if I could get this area down some so my clothes wil fit a little better.

Hi m!

First truth of "fitness" - you can't spot reduce. Especially with abs - its all about the diet! In in my completely non-doctor opinion, you are definitely going to have some challenges after 3 c-sections - I don't know what impact that has had on the muscles of your abs. The tummy tuck will definitely help, but its all about the diet. Working abs every day will do 2 things - it may actually make you more "square" in the waist area because you are building those muscles with all the training, and secondly, you aren't giving those muscles a day off. Your abs are a muscle group just like your bis/tris, quads/hams, etc. You don't train those every day - at the very least, each muscle group should have at least 24-48 hrs of recovery time.

Another thing you can always do if you can't get a certain body part to completely respond the way you want, you can always build other body parts to create the ILLUSION of a smaller other part - for ex, some people are just not built with a small waist or tushie - so you can focus on building a broader upper back / shoulders to create a greater "V" shape from top to bottom.

Back to the diet, what is your current diet & stats?

^^ What she said

Plus, it is possible that your muscles have been "stretched" due to pregnancy and the C sections....Options for the tummy tuck are to have the loose skin cut off but also to have your ab muscles repaired. Before jumping into the tuck, make sure your diet is one you can maintain and you are where you want to be. Also do your research & find a competent plastic surgeon. A good one will tell you the you may NOT need the tuck if you really don't need one.....A good site for researching, asking questions, etc from people who have had it done is www.liposite.com......it's not just for lipo patients, but everyone who is considering PS....

Thanks everyone. I am still losing weight, I am not even going to step foot into a plastic surgeon's office until I'm at my goal weight.

I was just hoping that I could reduce the pouch some other way. I am on a diet, so I am losing the weight quickly, was just hoping there was more I could do.

Aquatic Chick don't worry about having kids, just don't make the mistake I did, have 3 in 3 years, and be out of shape, overweight when getting pregnant. Get in shape or stay in shape then get pregnant it will be MUCH easier!!

MandieG said:
Aquatic Chick don't worry about having kids, just don't make the mistake I did, have 3 in 3 years, and be out of shape, overweight when getting pregnant. Get in shape or stay in shape then get pregnant it will be MUCH easier!!

WOW.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my children just chose to have them at the wrong time in my life. I should have decided to lose weight and get into better shape before getting pregnant.

MandieG said:
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my children just chose to have them at the wrong time in my life. I should have decided to lose weight and get into better shape before getting pregnant.

Oh I didn't mean it that way.

I was just in awe.

:)

Top Bottom