Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it wrong to do something social with your ex?

Not really. She wants to take him, but she'd rather go with all the other divorced moms and their kids.

I already told her that I'm taking him, and if she wants to come she's still welcome, but I'm not pushing for it.

Now she wants to meet tomorrow to discuss things.

She says I'm controlling, so I think she's pissed that I played that card.

ohhhhh I see. I jumped to conclusions.

So what she wants is for u who got the tickets and wants to go to just stay home.... Nice

Sent from my HTC One V using EliteFitness

I'm separated (and eventually getting divorced) from my wife of 8 years (we've been together 12+ years), and we had planned on taking our 5 year old to see Monster Jam on the 19th.

The ex was backing out and asking which one of us was going to take him. I said all 3 of us should still go. I already purchased the tickets. It was for our kid, not us. and she was completely appalled by the suggestion.

She still stays at my house a few times a week, and comes over every day while I'm at work, so she doesn't mind taking advantage of things I have or provide.

Was I out of line to suggest that?

i dont think you were out of line. it was a nice gesture. sometimes when its over its over. thats all.
but she still reaps the benefits of what you have to offer. i think thats just not knowing how to separate one from the other. comfort, old habits, being familiar.
seperations/divorce is a tough nut. whats allowed, whats not allowed, where does the line get drawn. good luck bro, just keep communicating and compromise for your child and it will be smooth. they see and hear everything.

My thoughts are that at the end of the day she is a grown woman and she can do what she wants. The most important thing is that your son knows that you love him and that you will always be there for him.

I'm sure you don't, but I would advise to never talk bad about her in front of him.

It really depends man, I go through the same things in my head because I'm STILL going through the divorce paperwork.

If either of you have feelings still or it can get complicated, back the fuck off.

If not, then this might actually be good for your kids...

I try to cut her some slack. It's this time of year. It's been just over 2 years since our oldest kid died on thanksgiving, and the entire winter season has her down. She called me last night and said she didn't feel like working out, but asked if she could stay at my house with the kids while I was at the gym.

She came back this morning to take our youngest to preschool as I was leaving for work. We didn't say much, but after I left she called me crying. It's a rainy day and it's reminding her of the morning we got the call that Jesse died.

I try to cut her some slack. It's this time of year. It's been just over 2 years since our oldest kid died on thanksgiving, and the entire winter season has her down. She called me last night and said she didn't feel like working out, but asked if she could stay at my house with the kids while I was at the gym.

She came back this morning to take our youngest to preschool as I was leaving for work. We didn't say much, but after I left she called me crying. It's a rainy day and it's reminding her of the morning we got the call that Jesse died.

just be good to her man, even if she wasn't the greatest to you. Remember that there was a time when you loved this woman and she is the mother of your children. Don't burn any bridges, life is funny and you never know what might happen.

I still have quite a few social occasions with my ex husband but when things were still freshly severed and confusing I cut off as much contact as humanly posible

now its no big deal to do pretty much anything together and we still finish each others sentences
the idea of being in a relationship again with the guy is utterly reprehensible to me though

Top Bottom