Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increase vert

siggma

so im trying to increase my vert before football season starts. and this is the workout that i came up with. please critique.

btw i also include upper body workout so i can still increase strength

Mon:
box squats 3x10
dumbell bench 3x10
dips 3x12
calve raises 3x12

Wed:
deadlifts 3x5
military press 3x10
uprows 3x10

Fri
cleans 3x8
barbell rows 3x10
wide grip chin ups 3x10
calve raises 3x12

should go heavier on squats to increase power. Focus on getting your 5 rep maxes of squat and clean up, and practice jumping for height. don't do a shitload of easy box jumps, do really high box jumps for sets of like 8.

should go heavier on squats to increase power. Focus on getting your 5 rep maxes of squat and clean up, and practice jumping for height. don't do a shitload of easy box jumps, do really high box jumps for sets of like 8.

alright so 3x5 for squat, deadlift, and box squats and should i throw in box jumps in before i do my squats?

Your program now isn't that bad.

For the box squats I'd do sets of 5 and 3. Focus on getting stronger and faster.

The power cleans would be better trained at 8 sets of 3 reps rather tha 3 sets of 8 reps. Focus on explosion and speed.

I see no plyo work. Do jumps first on your training days after a dynamic warm up. Do conditioning at a separate time. Sprints and sleds should make up the bulk of that.

Have you ever trained with bands? They can make your squats and your jumping ability increase.

ill make those additions and see how it goes. and no i havent trained with bands, is there a noticeable difference by using them?

also i'm play basketball for a league this summer, it start about 5 weeks after starting this program. i plan to do this till then, but is there a way i can incorporate this type of workout and still play basketball? my games are friday and saturday, so i was thinking of doing vert training on monday and tuesday, rest on wed, practice basketball fundamentals on thursday, play my games on friday and saturday, and then take sunday off. would this work? or is there something better i can do during this period?

Monday and wednesday train. Box jumps are good as well as squats and deadlifts. Alot of hip mobility work will do you good as jumping power is correlated with strong explosive hips. I have a vert program iwill link when at a computer.

Top Bottom