Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Bench vs Bench

bds20002002 said:
throw out flat bench??? thats nonsense

Why is it nonsense?

I threw it out a long time ago and I made impressive gains in my chest. The flat bench is NOT the king of all chest exercises.

Now, I am starting to pick up the bench again for athletic and strength purposes.

I tossed flat bench too. Only doing incline DB's and then weighted wide grip dips. 4 sets of 6 each. I made this change about 2+ months ago to get over an elbow injury but once it healed I was making such good progress that I didn't go back.

Maybe im thinking about my powerlifting days. i love 3-5 working sets on flat bench. and then another chest exercise for 3 sets. i change each week. incline db's, weighted dips, flies, peck deck. but for overall chest size. its flat bench!!!!!!

I'm on the same routine that Lord_Suston recommended and it's worked great for me so far. Concentrate on incline as your main exercise and flats as more of an "accessory" exercise if you could call it that.

---Mr. S---

Hi

I do inclines only too 5 sets of 6-8 reps and last set 100 % of max for 1 rep. It works the clavices( I think??) of the upper pecs and hence makes the pecs look bigger. Plus it won't look so much like breasts compared to if you do the decline press.

mr. sparkle said:
I'm on the same routine that Lord_Suston recommended and it's worked great for me so far. Concentrate on incline as your main exercise and flats as more of an "accessory" exercise if you could call it that.

---Mr. S---

I would like to see that whole routine, if it's not too much to ask.
I'm kinda putting together ideas from different routines for a more personalized program down the road.

If its too much to put here, just pm me.
Thanks man,
-2Z-

Top Bottom