Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm so pissed!!!

momsgettinfit

Ok so last night we went to the gym and we were working on our chest,biceps and shoulders. Well we were talking to this guy that works there(at the ymca) and I was telling him about my goals. Keep in mind we have talked to this guy countless times. He said you will never reach your goal. I said what are you talking about, I said I am eating 10x better than I ever have in the past,lifting on a regular basis and adding weight weekly and doing regular hiit cardio. He said well your a woman you'll never have the muscle structure your wanting. I said my god I'm not asking to look like a man. He said oh you will gain muscle but you wont' look cut. GRRRRRRR!!!! I hate men sometimes I swear. I know I have a long way to go ladies but come on does he have to be such a retard!!!!

Last edited:
momsgettinfit said:
Ok so last night we went to the gym and we were working on our chest,biceps and shoulders. Well we were talking to this guy that works there(at the ymca) and I was telling him about my goals. Keep in mind we have talked to this guy countless times. He said you will never reach your goal. I said what are you talking about, I said I am eating 10x better than I ever have in the past,lifting on a regular basis and adding weight weekly and doing regular hiit cardio. He said well your a woman you'll never have the muscle structure your wanting. I said my god I'm not asking to look like a man. He said oh you will gain muscle but you wont' look cut. GRRRRRRR!!!! I hate men sometimes I swear. I know I have a long way to go ladies but come on does he have to be such a retard!!!!

:rolleyes:

Idiot.... what? does he think you want to look like Ronnie Coleman?

jenscats5 said:
:rolleyes:

Idiot.... what? does he think you want to look like Ronnie Coleman?

I'm not sure what he thought. But I think that he is going by what I look like right now and not what I will look like. And besides we are talking about a guy that put his wife on a 1500 calory diet "all the carbs she wanted". I asked him if he was stupid. He's like what carbs are our energy source. I said yes but should be limited and you should stick with good carbs. He's like, like what. I'm thinking OMG and your the trainer!!!!!

I had my oldest son take some pics of me this morning and went to upload them onto my puter and found out my drive E is all screwed up. Grrrr,I'll have to work on it some and then I'll post them in my gallery.

You could always just kick the guy in the nuts and then say "estrogen makes me do that cuz I"m a woman".

Listen, any time you get into a bullshit conversation like that w/ a trainer, I find you either just walk away from them or start pushing everythign they say back on them. "Oh I won't look cut? Why is that?"

Reality there also is -- how do female bodybuilders and figure competitors get "cut" then?? Its all about manipulating your metabolism to accomplish just about any look you want, somewhat bounded by your genetics.

The reality is that there no one way to accomplish things and many amazing things can be accomplished. I also realize that you get into some of the most retarded conversations w/ people because you end up talking in hypotheticals around things like nutrition that just aren't "known" or exact quanitities. Generally speakign, I find most trainers to be full of shit anyway.

Sassy69 said:
You could always just kick the guy in the nuts and then say "estrogen makes me do that cuz I"m a woman".

Listen, any time you get into a bullshit conversation like that w/ a trainer, I find you either just walk away from them or start pushing everythign they say back on them. "Oh I won't look cut? Why is that?"

Reality there also is -- how do female bodybuilders and figure competitors get "cut" then?? Its all about manipulating your metabolism to accomplish just about any look you want, somewhat bounded by your genetics.

The reality is that there no one way to accomplish things and many amazing things can be accomplished. I also realize that you get into some of the most retarded conversations w/ people because you end up talking in hypotheticals around things like nutrition that just aren't "known" or exact quanitities. Generally speakign, I find most trainers to be full of shit anyway.

LOL I'm beginning to think that to sassy.

As for throwing stuff his way I did that. I gave him a run for his money. I told him ok so then how is it that I know of a whole hell of a lot of woman of whom I talk to on a daily basis that have acheived just this. His ignorant response more than like steriods. He also had this thing with the only women that could achieve this are the ones with the right muscle structure to begin with. I said you know your full of shit. He said I know this stuff I'm a trainer. I just started ignoring him and continue my sets.

one more thing. My husband heard this whole thing and of course didn't jump in. But he knows how passionate I am about this. When they guy leaves he says just do your work and get the results and then make him eat his words. GREAT IDEA!!!!

momsgettinfit said:

YOu should have Kick his ass.

Sometimes the only thing trainers are good at are counting, I mean I can count my own reps and sets. To just stand there and count is an insult. I work at a Wellness center and alot of the trainers are book smart, none of them train hard but a few are always ready to tell me that I'm drinking way to much h20 etc. etc. MP3 players are a great thing, I put on my headphones and walk away :)

MrsJnuts said:
Sometimes the only thing trainers are good at are counting, I mean I can count my own reps and sets. To just stand there and count is an insult. I work at a Wellness center and alot of the trainers are book smart, none of them train hard but a few are always ready to tell me that I'm drinking way to much h20 etc. etc. MP3 players are a great thing, I put on my headphones and walk away :)

I'm just going to ignore him from now on. I'm going to go in and do my workouts and continue what I have been doing. I know there is alot still left for me to learn but I'm sure as hell not gonna lean on him for guidance. I have learned more here than I ever did at the gym.

Top Bottom