Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i'm far too paranoid about men sometimes i think...

smallmovesal

far too often i've noticed guys do nice things or help but then they turn around and hit on me... it makes me paranoid when men actually are just trying to be nice... which i cannot distinguish anymore.

it might partly have to do with the events a couple of months ago.. i fear giving guys the wrong impression and having advances made upon me.. even though that wasn't the case with that incident.

if anyone uses this against me in a hateful way i'm going to breathe on them and give them this god forsaken cold/sore throat and a good whiff of my sore throat breath.

Sometimes I forget that there really are good, decent people in this world. Unfortunately with all the craziness you hear about in the news, you start to think that everyone is just a little off, and capable of some very wierd, and destructive actions.

On the flip side, if I am nice to a girl, I have to be careful that she doesn't think I'm doing it for any other reason than to be polite. I was raised by an angry 6'3" German that would slap the shit out of me if I didn't treat women with perfect respect, so I have to act that way, but I don't have alterior motives. Sometimes, if I'm being too helpful, I feel like I have to back off in order to avoid the misconception. I feel like if I help a girl with something I have to tell her, "Hey, I have a girlfriend, so I'm only doing this to be helpful"

Al., there are real decent people out there and the game players. The trick is learning to tell the difference. I am a lot older than you and I have trouble telling which one's they are.:(

There are some really sad people out there who act like they are still in highschool. They just want to build their ego by taking advantage of others, unfortunately they never grow out of it. I know plenty of 30 year old men who still act like they are in high school.

big's got it. Some men never grow up. They are called, Lounge Lizard Loser's. Just be true and tell them what your take is on the help.

smalls, i know just what you mean, and that's withouth having to deal with anything like what you have. I think most men ARE flirts, and they DO do nice things for you in hopes of a little flirty smile of appreciation from you, and maybe a pleasant conversation with a pretty lady. But I've found that most are all just harmless, lucky for me, I have not run across any who are not (harmless). There seems to be some men who DO expect more than just a smile and adoring eyes from you just because they bought you dinner or something like that, but that is a whole other story, and I'd hope that you have better judgement or...luck...than to go out on a date with that type of guy to begin with.

Personally I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole MAN vs. WOMAN social interaction. When I talk to a guy, I see him just a person first, and not a sex object, so it makes me feel a little weirded out when some guy I don't know looks at me like a sex object. I think that's part of the reason I play down my sexuality around guys and act like a goofball right off the bat....that is unless I'm into the guy. In that case, I play up my sexuality and act even more like a goofball.

Thaibox said:
I feel like if I help a girl with something I have to tell her, "Hey, I have a girlfriend, so I'm only doing this to be helpful"
I wish all guys would do that. It puts me immediately at ease. All you boys who are taken should all wear purple badges or something.

bigschweeler said:
Sometimes I forget that there really are good, decent people in this world. Unfortunately with all the craziness you hear about in the news, you start to think that everyone is just a little off, and capable of some very wierd, and destructive actions.

I am just the opposite....... I forget that there are so many fucked up whackos in the world. I try not to watch the news and gloss over the front page of the paper.

Example: I really didn't want to hear about that mom and her 5 yr olds body being found in a canal. I can't imagine what kind of fucked up individual would kill anyone let alone a kid with his whole life in front of him.

smallmovesal said:
far too often i've noticed guys do nice things or help but then they turn around and hit on me... it makes me paranoid when men actually are just trying to be nice... which i cannot distinguish anymore.

it might partly have to do with the events a couple of months ago.. i fear giving guys the wrong impression and having advances made upon me.. even though that wasn't the case with that incident.

if anyone uses this against me in a hateful way i'm going to breathe on them and give them this god forsaken cold/sore throat and a good whiff of my sore throat breath.

Anonymity is a wonderful gift the internet grants, the same power is also abused in real life situations - it's pathethic. I wouldn't let it bother you too much, the ignore feature is your power to fight back. Mostly it's apathethic but it seems certain people get off on the fact of just saying the stupdiest things they know would never pass in real life. They live in a fantasy world, so don't let them make you apart of that. Whether or not someone is sincere, use your judgement and let them strike out. A good first feeling is usually right and even if it isn't, no one is perfect and mistakes are forgiven.

Re: Re: i'm far too paranoid about men sometimes i think...

Franco C said:
Anonymity is a wonderful gift the internet grants, the same power is also abused in real life situations - it's pathethic. I wouldn't let it bother you too much, the ignore feature is your power to fight back. Mostly it's apathethic but it seems certain people get off on the fact of just saying the stupdiest things they know would never pass in real life. They live in a fantasy world, so don't let them make you apart of that. Whether or not someone is sincere, use your judgement and let them strike out. A good first feeling is usually right and even if it isn't, no one is perfect and mistakes are forgiven.

Franco, you say the rightest things sometimes. :D

Top Bottom