Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you just do Aerobics can you get a six pack??

Semidevil

Hi,

I was just wondering. If you only do aerobics can you get a six pack without working your abs?

Or is working abs is a must??

thanks

Yes, you can get a six pack without working abs. I had one in the past just by dieting. In fact, you don't get a six pack by working abs. You get a six pack by getting rid of the fat. And no amount of ab work will burn that fat off.

If by "just aerobics" you mean aerobics and a decent diet then sure you can. But aerobics and twinkies won't get you there.

Semidevil said:
Hi,

I was just wondering. If you only do aerobics can you get a six pack without working your abs?

Or is working abs is a must??

thanks

Are you trying to avoid ab training for some reason?

ab training is best used to build a stronger squat, deadlift etc.

If you dont care about these things then I wouldnt train abs.

yes, with a good diet and aerobic training or any type of calorie burning to create a defecit you will eventually lose enough fat to see your abs. They may not be very impressive if you don't do anything to strengthen or grow them though. Marathon runners have biceps that are very fat free, but they dont look all that inspiring.

We addressed this question on the women's board a week or so ago.

Diet will get you ripped but it will not in itself get you a six pack. You need some muscular development in the abdominal area before you are going to have what people call a six pack and diet and diet supps alone isnt going to make that happen.

Case in point....my bf who is lean naturally dropped down to about 6% at the beginning of the summer but still had no abs to speak of. His midsection was actually concave but still very little in the way of noticeable abs.

Maybe if a person is already muscular in this area, either from genetics or from the incidental effect of other training, diet alone is enough to build a six pack but my guess is that's the exception.

(stepping off soapbox now :) )

Top Bottom