Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I wonder how long

myway said:
True. Plus, I really like my job(most of the time).
AND I have always been really independent. I hate the idea of not having any of my own money. The thought of using my husband's money for everything almost gives me an anxiety attack. He would probably give me money if I asked for it. I just don't like the idea of not having ANY of my own money. How does that even work?!??!?!? Do I use his money to buy his birthday presents? I don't get it. I think it would be hard to not have at least a little bit of my own money.

I know. Plus we cant save for retirement or anything. What happens if he leaves us at 35 or 40??? Its just a scary thought nowadays. Useta be that divorce was not such an everyday occurance.

myway said:
True. Plus, I really like my job(most of the time).
AND I have always been really independent. I hate the idea of not having any of my own money. The thought of using my husband's money for everything almost gives me an anxiety attack. He would probably give me money if I asked for it. I just don't like the idea of not having ANY of my own money. How does that even work?!??!?!? Do I use his money to buy his birthday presents? I don't get it. I think it would be hard to not have at least a little bit of my own money.

If you are married then it is not his money or her money it is YOUR money collectively.

I could never understand the problem that some women have with this concept. You stay home and work 24/7 FOR FREE so he kisses your shitty ass and thanks his lucky stars that he has you. You need/want something, you buy it. Simple..... shmimple

Why do some women have an issue with this?

cindylou said:
I know. Plus we cant save for retirement or anything. What happens if he leaves us at 35 or 40??? Its just a scary thought nowadays. Useta be that divorce was not such an everyday occurance.

Tru dat, sista.

BIKINIMOM said:
If you are married then it is not his money or her money it is YOUR money collectively.

I could never understand the problem that some women have with this concept. You stay home and work 24/7 FOR FREE so he kisses your shitty ass and thanks his lucky stars that he has you. You need/want something, you buy it. Simple..... shmimple

Why do some women have an issue with this?

I understand the concept but it sounds like a set up.

BIKINIMOM said:
If you get married fearing divorce then perhaps you shouldnt marry.

Not fearing divorce but wanting to be prepared for it.

at least the retirement side of it ; i've seen women devistated and left with nothing because the man waits until the children are 18 (adults) to leave her with nothign.

Nothing. no retirement, no nothing ; its not easy hopping backinto the workforce after being out for 20 years.

BIKINIMOM said:

What if I want something he won't let me buy? What if he's in a bad mood but I want an ice cream cone? I would need to kiss his ass in order to have food or shelter. I love and trust my hubby but everyone has a bad day. Maybe if I have a bad day I wanna go to the movies without him. "Honey, can I please have some money so I can go see a movie, ALONE" prolly won't fly.

Top Bottom