Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I wonder how long

myway

Banned
I wonder how long I will be able to work :Popcorn:
My work-place just changed some rules about pregnancy.
Before, they would have pregnant people do office work when they were no longer able to lift over 150 pounds(patients) because of pregnancy. Now, they say we can work on the ambulance until we decide we can't.... then we go home without pay because pregnancy is not an on-the-job injury.
We had one female working on an ambulance until she was about 27 weeks. She had to move into an office spot when her belly was too big for her to get close enough to the cot to properly lift it.
I am at about 22 weeks. I'm not having any problems. So, I guess it all boils down to how fast my belly grows. Then, I'm gonna be bored as hell while sitting at home. They just changed this rule right around the same time I got pregnant. It sux because all of the other girls didn't need to use any time off work until they had the baby. They would work in the office until close to due date and use their time off to be with the baby for a few weeks after it was born. Bad luck strikes me, again. But I'm kinda getting curious about how long I will last.

You should check w/ your corporate office to see what you could do to keep working and save all your time off until the baby is born. If you were already pregnant, you could be exempt from the new rules.

Tytan said:
You should check w/ your corporate office to see what you could do to keep working and save all your time off until the baby is born. If you were already pregnant, you could be exempt from the new rules.
Already checked. I'm screwed. We already have 2many office peeps and the rules DO apply to me. The good news is I will still have a job when I come back. The bad news is: I'm over 5 months pregnant and the last girl only made it to 27 or so weeks because of belly growth. That means my time is prolly running out.

my wife's last job was running a trucking terminal for a very large corporation. . .she worked until april 10th and our twins were born on april 12th. . .granted, her job wasn't as physically demanding as yours but, she was on her feet for several hours everyday. . .you'll be surprised at what you can handle. . .

on a side note. . .she went back to work for a couple of months after her maternity leave and then she quit her vp-track job to be a stay-at-home-mom. . .best move we ever made. . .if you want to do it and you think you'd be good at being a full-time mom, i encourage you to think about it. . .you can always go back to work, but your kids will only be young once and, whether you have boys or girls or both, there's no substitute for mommy. . .

congrats!

digimon7068 said:
my wife's last job was running a trucking terminal for a very large corporation. . .she worked until april 10th and our twins were born on april 12th. . .granted, her job wasn't as physically demanding as yours but, she was on her feet for several hours everyday. . .you'll be surprised at what you can handle. . .

on a side note. . .she went back to work for a couple of months after her maternity leave and then she quit her vp-track job to be a stay-at-home-mom. . .best move we ever made. . .if you want to do it and you think you'd be good at being a full-time mom, i encourage you to think about it. . .you can always go back to work, but your kids will only be young once and, whether you have boys or girls or both, there's no substitute for mommy. . .

congrats!

oh yeah. . .forgot to mention. . .my wife's 5'6" and weighs around 105 to 110. . .and she carried the twins full-term. . .in fact, she had to be induced. . .

digimon7068 said:

congrats!

My problem isn't staying on my feet for long hours. The problem will be when my belly is 2big to carry a cot(with a lard ass on top of it) up and down stairs, crawling in and out of wrecked, cramped cars, ect.
My strength is fine but it's a matter of of proper lifting techniques. At some point, I will need to bend at the waist(not proper for avoiding a mean back injury, considering the amount of weight) in order to reach what I am carrying. That's the part I can't avoid. We are told to put the cot to waist level and lift with our legs. My waist is where my belly will be.
As far as not working, I love my job AND I also know the importance of spending time with my child. Because of the way my schedule lands with my husband's schedule, I will only be gone for 3 shifts a week and my husband will be home when I am not there. Plus, we will still have 2 days off together. I'm sure I will get sick of my job in the next couple of years. I feel it creeping up on me. Then, I will prolly only work 12-24 hours a week. I guess I will wait and see. Thanx for the advice. :)

digimon7068 said:

congrats!

I think about doing the same thing (quitting my job after my first baby) but the thought of that is so scary. I mean will I be able to afford anything????

I cant imagine living off just one income. It just sounds scary after you've been used to two.

cindylou said:
I think about doing the same thing (quitting my job after my first baby) but the thought of that is so scary. I mean will I be able to afford anything????

I cant imagine living off just one income. It just sounds scary after you've been used to two.

True. Plus, I really like my job(most of the time).
AND I have always been really independent. I hate the idea of not having any of my own money. The thought of using my husband's money for everything almost gives me an anxiety attack. He would probably give me money if I asked for it. I just don't like the idea of not having ANY of my own money. How does that even work?!??!?!? Do I use his money to buy his birthday presents? I don't get it. I think it would be hard to not have at least a little bit of my own money.

Top Bottom