Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I took a virgin hiking yesterday.

dirty~d~

Slobberknocker
Platinum
Ok, ok so she's not a virgin, but she certainly has never hiked something that difficult until she begged ME to take her out. :evil: The first mile was all steep uphill on an old logging road. I wanted to show her I meant business (and to make sure she could survive the rest of the hike). Once we hit the main trail it was 2.5 miles of mostly mild inclines and switchbacks with roots and rocks. She didn't think it was that bad and was enjoying herself. At about 2.5 miles from the summit there was a three way fork in the trail so I let her pick. She looked at the sign and picked the trail that 'sounded' the coolest... Timberline Ridge. I can honestly say I've never heard that many new cuss words in one day. ;) This trail required the use of your hands through half of it. When we reached the summit and she saw the view, she forgave me. Poor girl, she forgot we still had to get down.

I love exposing new people to the more demanding side of the outdoors. Next time I won't take it easy on her.

LANA said:
very cool. I'm assuming you had great weather..

Well, if you like heat and sun it was GREAT! Where we were hiking it hit close to 98 degrees around 3PM. I love hiking when it's hot and dry out. I have to carry more water, but I love sweating.

You mean you want a picture of my sweaty friend leaning over so her boobies are hanging out. Nevermind if she's saying anything. :)

I took up hiking when I got into geology.
I'm more about biking now, but the boots will get me where the bike can't.
I've never been to Washington.

There are some amazing places out here. I'm planning to tackle Yakima Peak near St. Helens later this year if you want to fly in and join me.

The mountain biking is outstanding as well. I should dust mine off one of these days and hit the hills.

dirty~d~ said:
There are some amazing places out here. I'm planning to tackle Yakima Peak near St. Helens later this year if you want to fly in and join me.

The mountain biking is outstanding as well. I should dust mine off one of these days and hit the hills.
I want to start mountain biking soon. I mainly stay on the west side of St Helens but did fish the Yakima and the Rocky Ford last month. Caught some beautiful trout.

Top Bottom