Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Took 20 YEARS....!!!

Lots of misinformation in this thread from all sides. I guess the point of the original post has been lost along the way. lol.

Lots of bioscience up in here. While bringing things up, it does remain clear that short high intense intervals of exercise like HIIT are superior to longer and lower intense exercise like LISS for fat loss and total caloric burn.

That's because intense exercise builds muscle and low level exercise does not. Everyone seems to be missing the point that running 5 miles will take about an hour, whereas walking it will take about 5 hours and the fact that energy is being exerted over that much more time will make up the difference in calorie expenditure.

That's because intense exercise builds muscle and low level exercise does not. Everyone seems to be missing the point that running 5 miles will take about an hour, whereas walking it will take about 5 hours and the fact that energy is being exerted over that much more time will make up the difference in calorie expenditure.

You will still burn more fat at a higher intensity than lower intensity. How many ripped mall walkers do you see compared to ripped sprinters (which there are tons)?

Also, I'm pretty sure my grandma can run 5 miles in an hour. Thats slow as fuck. Get on a treadmill and set it at 5MPH and you will see what I mean. I run 5 miles in about 40 minutes or even less if I want to push it. When I do LISS I walk 4 miles in an hour....and that's with a 10% incline. Walking 5 miles takes 5 hours? Who the Hell is walking 1MPH?

It may be the same amount of work but will not have the same effect on the body due (probably among several other things) to the difference in the intensity/duration ratio. I highly doubt anyone will grow to be a monster by doing hundreds or thousdands of reps of bodyweight squats, or bench pressing 20 lb dumb bells.

You will still burn more fat at a higher intensity than lower intensity. How many ripped mall walkers do you see compared to ripped sprinters (which there are tons)?

Also, I'm pretty sure my grandma can run 5 miles in an hour. Thats slow as fuck. Get on a treadmill and set it at 5MPH and you will see what I mean. I run 5 miles in about 40 minutes or even less if I want to push it. When I do LISS I walk 4 miles in an hour....and that's with a 10% incline. Walking 5 miles takes 5 hours? Who the Hell is walking 1MPH?

Sprinters are athletes, mall walkers are not.

As for the time, they were rough estimates. I wasn't talking about running as fast as possible. 5 miles in 40 minutes is pretty quick, but, okay. COmpared to a 5 mile walk in 2 hours -- it still comes out to about the same calorie expendature.

Conditioning has nothing to do with what we're talking about. I've seen lots of marathon runners who are pretty chubby.

Last edited:
It may be the same amount of work but will not have the same effect on the body due (probably among several other things) to the difference in the intensity/duration ratio. I highly doubt anyone will grow to be a monster by doing hundreds or thousdands of reps of bodyweight squats, or bench pressing 20 lb dumb bells.

Irrelevant to calories burned -- which I thought we were talking about, but it's gotten off track.

personally i find a woman who has curves far sexier than one that is a spinner. there is one girl at my gym who is about 5'1" curvy.. not sure her weight i would guess 130 pounds? she has this amazing curvy body and this ass .. she always wears these tight outfits. NOBODY in the gym works out like this girl she is amazing, probably an ex gymnast. anyway i hope she doesn't feel like she has to drop to 110 to look good just like how some guys think they need to be 5% body fat. we all are different and there are those of us who like that curvy look and there are those who like the spinner look.

to me she has the perfect body. makes me want to get on my knees and beg for buttermilk

Am excited take pics! Hehe. So thats your motivation huh? Lol.

Stevemi be like: am in teh gym when she in teh gym

Irrelevant to calories burned -- which I thought we were talking about, but it's gotten off track.

Actually completely relevant. RickRock is right about more intensity burning more calories. There's an algorithm to calculate how much more you burn as you speed up your walk to whatever running speed. A quick Google will find you quite a few online calculators to demonstrate.

Actually completely relevant. RickRock is right about more intensity burning more calories. There's an algorithm to calculate how much more you burn as you speed up your walk to whatever running speed. A quick Google will find you quite a few online calculators to demonstrate.

An on-line calculator? Oh, then that must be right. Never mind.

From an engineering perspective.

There is a law called- the conservation of energy.

Now what this law basically tells us- Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It can only be transferred from one object to another.

So for weightloss , you can basically see your fat cells as capacitors - a device that stores energy -.

So wat we can say is

Energy_in=Energy_out according to the energy law.

Where

Energy_out=Energy_used + Energy_stored

Thus giving us:

Energy_in=Energy_used+ Energy_stored

So take an example: You eat 2000cal a day

You burn 1000cal a day.

2000=1000 + Energy_stored

Energy_stored= 1000cal.

Nb the above calculation assumes that you have 0 fat.

The equation can also be written as:

Energy_in + Energy_fat_cells = Energy_out + Energy_stored.

This one is more realistic since all of us do have some fat.

Nb my equation is not complete..... this is just a small part.

It can even get bigger:

Energy_in + Energy_fat_cells + Heat_transfer_ambient_to_body = Energy_out + Energy_stored + Heat_transfer_body_to_ambient.

Etc.....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom