Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a question on cardio??

want2bhot

I have been working out about 4-5 days a week, and have been doing 30-45 minutes of cardio post workout....On my days off I have been doing 1 hour of cardio, should I continue this work out.

I haven't weighed myself in a while and when I did I was 194lbs, 36% BF, I am dieting and doing everything I am supposed to as far as weight training. I just don't want to over due it....I am trying not to feel guilty for taking a full day off without doing something.....

I plan on re-weighing myself tomorrow early am and redue my BF, to see where I am at now...

Anyway, just want some input..

want2bhot said:
I have been working out about 4-5 days a week, and have been doing 30-45 minutes of cardio post workout....On my days off I have been doing 1 hour of cardio, should I continue this work out.

I haven't weighed myself in a while and when I did I was 194lbs, 36% BF, I am dieting and doing everything I am supposed to as far as weight training. I just don't want to over due it....I am trying not to feel guilty for taking a full day off without doing something.....

I plan on re-weighing myself tomorrow early am and redue my BF, to see where I am at now...

Why so much cardio? I do like 3 to 4 day a week and no more than 30 to 40 min. 2 to 3 days of HIIT and one day of keeping at a regular speed for the duration of my cardio workout. What are you going to when doing this much cardio when you platou (sp?)? IMHO I don't think you need to be doing 1 hr of cardio that's really alot.

You should be judging your progress by your bf%, not your weight.

That is a lot of cardio!

Can you post your diet & workout?

Remember, diet is the biggest factor in losing bf

A recent study (I know, there's always a study) I saw somewhere said that no more than 40 minutes of cardio is needed. Anything more than that will start burning muscle. Not sure if that's true or not, but 1 hour of cardio? That's A LOT! You're going to end up burning yourself out and then you won't want to do it at all. I would back off a bit.

want2bhot said:

There are many schools of thought on how much/little cardio that one should do.

I think you should do what works for you. I have tried all different variations in how many times a week , and for how long , and I now know that my body responds the best to increased cardio. For me the diet and lifting isn't enough.

I do 40 minutes on the elliptical , tread mill , etc , 3x a week , and take an hour boxing class 2x a week , and the weight is really starting to melt away...YIPPEE

If you feel tired/rundown than pull back , your body will let you know one way or another ;)

vachelle72 said:
There are many schools of thought on how much/little cardio that one should do.

I think you should do what works for you. I have tried all different variations in how many times a week , and for how long , and I now know that my body responds the best to increased cardio. For me the diet and lifting isn't enough.

I do 40 minutes on the elliptical , tread mill , etc , 3x a week , and take an hour boxing class 2x a week , and the weight is really starting to melt away...YIPPEE

If you feel tired/rundown than pull back , your body will let you know one way or another ;)

And get your body fat tested to ensure you aren't losing muscle :)

Well, I feel like I have to much fat on my body, and I am really concentrating on fat burning....I have tried different variations of cardio, I have just up'd it about 2 weeks ago, and I am starting to see some definition in my arms, I can finally see my collar bone...(I know this sounds silly, but I have waited a long time to see my collar bone,,lol. ;)

Anyway, this is why I have been doing so much cardio.

I appreciate your input...I guess I can stick to 30-40 post training, and just take a full day off on my off days...

momsgettinfit said:
Why so much cardio? I do like 3 to 4 day a week and no more than 30 to 40 min. 2 to 3 days of HIIT and one day of keeping at a regular speed for the duration of my cardio workout. What are you going to when doing this much cardio when you platou (sp?)? IMHO I don't think you need to be doing 1 hr of cardio that's really alot.

want2bhot said:
Well, I feel like I have to much fat on my body, and I am really concentrating on fat burning....I have tried different variations of cardio, I have just up'd it about 2 weeks ago, and I am starting to see some definition in my arms, I can finally see my collar bone...(I know this sounds silly, but I have waited a long time to see my collar bone,,lol. ;)

Anyway, this is why I have been doing so much cardio.

I appreciate your input...I guess I can stick to 30-40 post training, and just take a full day off on my off days...

I am a personal trainer. What I do with alot of my female clients is, I tell them forget about the scale right now. What I want you to do is get a pair of pants that you can fit into but they are really a little bit to tight. This is how we are going to judge your bf loss. When they can fit comfortably into those pants I have them grab the next size smaller. This way they can avoid the weight game of the scale.

Just seeing them come back into the gym and tell me that they can fit into that pair of jeans is great. It also gives them something to work toward. I have had quite a few clients that wore a size 14-16 and now they are into a 6-8.

After they have made progress with the clothing then I'll have them step on the scale. Just to prove the weight loss. Stick with it. You can do it! ;)

bowtech said:
I am a personal trainer. What I do with alot of my female clients is, I tell them forget about the scale right now. What I want you to do is get a pair of pants that you can fit into but they are really a little bit to tight. This is how we are going to judge your bf loss. When they can fit comfortably into those pants I have them grab the next size smaller. This way they can avoid the weight game of the scale.

Just seeing them come back into the gym and tell me that they can fit into that pair of jeans is great. It also gives them something to work toward. I have had quite a few clients that wore a size 14-16 and now they are into a 6-8.

After they have made progress with the clothing then I'll have them step on the scale. Just to prove the weight loss. Stick with it. You can do it! ;)

In regards to cardio 6 days/week 30-40 minutes. And DO NOT take it easy. Bust your ass and they results will come. I read your post and it looks like your are seeing results already. Keep it up!

COOL...thanks for your input, I totally appreciate it. I've only been on this forum for a little while, and have gotten some great advice from everyone....I used to feel stupid telling people about how much I weigh, and what my BF is, because a feel like a cow....but, you all do not make me feel that way at all...THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT...I am pretty driven and dedicated, I just get frustrated some times.

Once again thanks for the input. :qt:

bowtech said:
In regards to cardio 6 days/week 30-40 minutes. And DO NOT take it easy. Bust your ass and they results will come. I read your post and it looks like your are seeing results already. Keep it up!

Top Bottom