Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Did It I Did It I I Did It I Did It I Did It!!!!!!

Whew! Thank you George, Spatts and Arioch - it looks like I'm back in - wow, 2-3 weeks would have killed me, lol!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Gosh, I really had the best time, it was so cool.

To answer your questions ironmaiden and spatts, it was BB'ing, and my next show is in November. The main purpose of doing this May show was to find out, through experiencing it, exactly everything that I need to know to make the November show run perfectly, since that is my main event for this year. I wanted to try the diet, the pre-comp training, the posing, etc, etc, as well, as, obviously, GETTING onto that stage, get a feel for my stage legs, so to speak :) It was a perfect learning experience - I found out 4 weeks out that I was kind of off track, so the emergency procedures I whacked into place kicked my butt in a big way, but having gone through that, I feel ready for almost anything now - it really was quite torturous. But so well worth it - I've learnt so much about my body and my mental limits. Incredible.

Spatts, YES, I'm gonna post pics - but my friend still has them, and my computer crashed dead, so it'll be a couple of weeks, but you'll see me as soon as I can get them up. :)

Next time: firstly, I won't start off so fat, lol!
I will know better how to adjust my diet and activity to ensure consistent fat loss, without having to resort to emergency measures at the end.
I will know what level of leanness I'm aiming for, and what it looks like, so I won't get off track.
I will follow the same carb-up and sodium load/cut that I did - that worked well for me, maybe a couple more carbs would be OK, too.
I will make my posing routine and music WELL in advance, and practice them WELL in advance, because by the time I got near the show, when I should have been concentrating on posing, I was dieting and training harder than ever, and simply didn't have enough energy to put my all into posing practice. It went OK, but could have been better.
I will aim to be ready at least 3 weeks out, so I can practice the carb-up etc.

I think that's it for now - I'm sure I'll think of other stuff as I reflect.

As for what I've eaten - let's see, on Sunday, from after the free posing was finished, I ate 3 pieces of cake, half a packet of choc chip cookies, 2 chocolate bars, half a packet of crisps, half a jar of honey roasted peanuts, a bar of Toblerone, quarter of a slab of caramel-filled chocolate, an "outrageous Chimichanga", vegetarian quesadillas, vegetable burrito, avocado salad, guacamole, tacos and salsa, 1 margharita, half a beer, deep fried ice-cream, a snickers, bread and cheese and avo :eek2: :eek2: OMG I just ate and ate and ate - nobody, including myself, could believe it - I didn't really start feeling full until about 9pm. Anyway, I ate a lot on Monday and Tuesday too, but my choices are becoming healthier (tofu salad, spinach salad, yoghurt), and from today I'll be slowing down A LOT. My arms are still nicely vascular though :)

This board has been an amazing source of inspiration, information, and support for me, so I want to say thanks to everyone who's helped me out, either directly or indirectly. I hope I'll be able to pass on some of what I've learnt to other newbies.

Ann, you're gonna be absolutely great - just go in there with a smile and confidence that you've done your best, and you'll be great! It's totally FUN!

omg steel....sounds like you had a blast eating all that junk!! im really surprised you didnt get sick from it all. ummmmm... everything sounded so yummy!:p :p

im gonna shoot you a line this week sometime. we have a bit of catching up to do. miss you sweets!! :bigkiss:

Top Bottom