Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HRT / Test for women?

Nemisis RR

I was wondering were I could get more information on HRT / Test for women. It is for my 36 year old wife. All her hormone levels came back OK according to the doctor but I want to verify.

Nemisis RR said:
I was wondering were I could get more information on HRT / Test for women. It is for my 36 year old wife. All her hormone levels came back OK according to the doctor but I want to verify.

Hello

I am a bit confused about your question?

Is your wife on HRT?

Would you like her to be on HRT or test for some reason?

If you like, post her test results and I can give you an idea as to what the hormones do and what the results mean (it's my job)

My wife is not on HRT. She is hypothyroid and takes 175mcg of synthroid. She is in very good health and in good shape. She works out at least 3X a week and looks at least 5 years younger than woman her age. She took a college class and had 18 - 20 year old kids hitting on her and not believing her age when she told them. Muscle tone is visible and not overweight. Actually I tell her I don't want her to lose any weight as I prefer women with a little meat. :) She weighs around 122 at 5'3.5. We have a great marriage (no fights no stress) no money problems and healthy young children that are doing great. She is still very attracted to me as times when I am wearing a tight shirt her interest will be peaked but it will not last thru to night time. She has stated to me she feels something is wrong and has asked me to see if I can find a cause.

That was for backround. Now over the last 2 years her sex drive has dropped drastically. No drive. Before she would attack me. Not anymore. Also she has not had the energy she had in the past. If she doesn't work out and does nothing with the kids her sex drive will come back short term but this is not an option long term. We take extended vacations (2 weeks minimum) and her sex drive will not be what it was. We had blood done in search of a problem and doctor said everything was normal.

Here is her bloodwork:

FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - - follicle stimulating hormone - - follicle stimulating hormone - and lh - leutenizing hormone - - leutenizing hormone - - leutenizing hormone - LH 6.1 m!U/mL

FSH 6.7 mIU/mL

Testosterone, 35 Ng/dl 14 - 76
serum Testosterone,

Serum Estradiol 163 Pg/ml 19 - 528
Estradiol

Progesterone 4.2 ng/mL

WT~C 7.3 x10E3/uL 4.0 - 10.5
RBC 4.27 x10E6/uL 3.80 - 5.10
Hemoglobin 13.6 g/dL 11.5 - 15.0
Hematocrit 40.5 '6 34.0 - 44.0
MCV 95 fL 80 - 98
MCH 31.8 pg 27.0 - 34.0
MCHC 33.6 g/dL 32.0 - 36.0
RDW 12.4 16 11.7 - 15.0
Platelets 283 x10E3/uL 140 - 415
Neutrophils 61 40 - 74
Lymphs 29 0 14 - 46
Monocytes 6 '6 4 - 13
Eos 3 0 0 - 7
Basos 1 0 0- 3
Neutrophils (Absolute) 4.5 x10E3/uL 1.8 - 7.8
lymphs (Absolute) 2.1 x10E3/uL 0.7 - 4.5
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.4 x10E3/uL 0.1 - 1.0
Eos (Absolute) 0.2 xI0E3/uL 0.0 - 0.4
Baso (Absolute) 0.1 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.2
Glucose, Serum 100 H Zmg/dL 65 - 99

BUN 16 mg/dL 5 - 26

Creatinine, Serum 0.7 mg/dL 0.5 - 1.5

Glom Fiat Rate, Est >60 mL/mi'n 60.0 - 128

BUN/Creatinine Ratio 23 8 - 27
Sodium, Serum 139 mmol/L 135 - 148
Potassium,Serum 4.3 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.5
Chloride, Serum 103 mmol/L 96 - 109
Carbon Dioxide, Total 27 mmol/L 20 - 32
Calcium, Serum 9.4 mg/dL 8.5 - 10.6
Protein, Total, Serum 6.8 g/dL 6.0 - 8.5
Albumin, Serum 4.0 g/dL 3.5 - 5.5

Globulin, Total 2.8 g/dl 1.5 - 4.5
A/G Ratio 1.4 1.1 - 2.5
Bilirubin .4 mg/dl .1 - 1.2
Alkaline Phosphatase 44 iu/l 25 - 150
AST (SGOT) 16 iu/l 0 - 40
ALT (SGPT) 14 iu/l 0 - 40

Cholesterol, Total 154 100 - 199
Triglycerides 113 0 - 149
HDL Cholesterol 59 40 - 59
VLDL Cholesterol 23 5 - 40
LDL Cholesterol 72 0 - 99
LDL/HDL Ratio 1.2 0 - 3.2

Thyroxine (T4) Free,
Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 1.46 .61 - 1.76

TSH .843 .350 - 5.50

There is nothing physically 'wrong' with your wife based on these blood results.

I am assuming you were thinking that if she took a testosterone 'boost' her libido would be increased.

That may be the case, and I have heard of some doctors prescribing this at a very low dose, it would be one of the options that you would have.

I would think that the issue with her sex drive is more psychological.

For ages biologist and physiologists thought that the female libido was the same or less than the male, which is not true.

Women do have the same sex drive as men, it is just that our triggers are often quite different.

It also sounds as though it is not an issue with relaxing, as the same situation occurs when you are on holiday.

Do you think the issue may be related with how she feel about her appearance physically?

Tatyana said:
There is nothing physically 'wrong' with your wife based on these blood results.

I am assuming you were thinking that if she took a testosterone 'boost' her libido would be increased.

That may be the case, and I have heard of some doctors prescribing this at a very low dose, it would be one of the options that you would have.

I would think that the issue with her sex drive is more psychological.

For ages biologist and physiologists thought that the female libido was the same or less than the male, which is not true.

Women do have the same sex drive as men, it is just that our triggers are often quite different.

It also sounds as though it is not an issue with relaxing, as the same situation occurs when you are on holiday.

Do you think the issue may be related with how she feel about her appearance physically?

As she puts it "fix me". She does see herself as a little overweight but that is not the case. She often has people asking her how she keeps herself in such good shape. It definetly doesn't come from me as I have told her not to loose weight as she is perfect the way she is. I don't think this is the case thou as this was not the case after she had children and her weight was 20 pounds heavier. As she put it she doesn't get the urges. Not that nothing doesn't function or can't orgasm.

There is an immense pressure on women to look good.

When women are not happy in the skin they are in, I really don't think that they can express that desire.

I would like to acknowledge you for being so open, and looking for solutions and advice.

I did start to explain all the tests, half way through my computer crashed, so if there are any specifics you would like me to address, please feel free to ask.

She does feel the urge at times, as you have mentioned, she has flirted with you and finds you attractive.

I do think that the issue is with how she feels about herself.

You may be able to support her in feeling good about herself, but this will be her journey.

Physical beauty is one thing, but have you ever noticed how some women just ooooooooooooooze sensuality and beauty?

That is all about BEING beautiful, it is who they are as they KNOW that they are beautiful. And some of these women are not necessarily the physical ideal.

There are a number of self-help books, or possibly a bit of counselling.

It is a tough battle most women have to deal with.

It is such a joy when women do realise just how gorgeous they are.

What do you think she would be open to?

Counselling? Some reading? Some sort of women's group? A course?

There are so many different options out there for people/women to develop their self-esteem.

One author I have read several books of and who I think is fantastic is M. Scott Peck

1. The road less travelled

2. Love You Deserve: A Spiritual Guide to Genuine Love

Any thing by Deepak Chopra

Candace Pert is also considered to be great for understanding mood and emotion.

I also had a peek on Amazon:

Self Esteem for Women: A Practical Guide to Love, Intimacy and Success

by Lynda Field

Psychology of Self-Esteem, The: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Understanding That Launched a New Era in Modern Psychology

by Nathaniel Branden Branden

This gentleman has several books that look good.

Top Bottom