Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hpv

I thought there was a blood test for HPV, but I'm not sure. My gyn said it was HPV based on the color parts of my cervix changed to (white) when sprayed with a solution to test for HPV. My gyn gave me the impression that pretty much 98% of the population has HPV or is a carrier of it. Also, I am under the impression that once the pieces are removed, then it's gone. Plus, if no more abnormal Paps then it's not there anymore. If it was still there it would show up on the Pap. Since I'm not a MD, don't quote me on any of this! LOL

RE: partner telling about STD's -- definitely I would tell them or use a condom. Well, I'd use a condom regardless. If you're going to go in -- go in covered! I'm married, so I don't have to worry about it.

Hpv is very common. A quick test your gyno may perform is using vinger and waiting to see if any white spots appear. It is extremely common. Yes women who have it may show an abnormal pap, but that doesn't mean you automatically have cervical cancer. The warts that actually lead to cervical cancer are extremely rare.

In most cases 3-6 months after initial exposure you may start seeing symptoms. The virus can also lay dorment for many years, with no visual signs. It is very common for someone to have it for years and not show symptoms, then all of a sudden one day, bam, you have a little friend hanging around your private area.

Most warts can be removed. Yes, it is scary, but it's very common. If someone has it they should tell their partner.

The good thing is, it's only as big a deal as you make it.

This is a very good site:

http://www.geocities.com/thehpvvirus/

Yea it can't be tested for and it lies dormant for the most part, chances are we all could have it, or maybe not.. If you've ever had wart anywhere it could have been 1 of the strands. (I think?) Doesn't always have to be genital. Dunno about this one if it can be genetic but my mom had cervical cancer before I was born so I could have it I guess... blah lol

Top Bottom