Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hpv

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
Hey ladies, sorry to crash your board.

But my buddy's girlfriend had her regular checkup and her pap smear came back abnormal. Had some pre-cancerous cells and they are thinking about doing a more detailed procedure to check it out.

The Dr. said that this is caused by HPV.

Gyno said HPV is common, undetectable in males (unless they show visible genital wars), and usually doesn't lead to many problems.

But the big kicker.. there is no cure?

I for one like to get tested before starting a new sexual relationship. I'd had to give something to a new GF, its common courtesty.

But from what it sounds like, a guy could easily carry HPV and never know it? Even give it to a ton of women and never know it and they wouldn't know who gave it to them?

Is this something that women know about it? Is it a big concern to you?

I would say that you would know it if you have it. From what I understand...it may take about 6 months for the first outbreak to show up but with meds the outbreak will go away...

Ohh...protection will not protect you or her from getting it either... You will need to explain it to her before having a sexual relationship.

(Just read the post and it sounded like I was directing it all towards YOU...lol. Not at all, just the way that it sounded.)

B True

HPV is a retrovirus. it is estimated that 70-80%(or more) of the population are carriers of one of the 40-50 strains. You can have HPV lesions without having sex, it can actually be transmitted genetically. (oncogenes)... its not clear whether hereditary HPV can be passed through sexual contact (though likely it can be.. as when it expressed its viral)

its rarely expressed in men (why?? typically stronger immune system)

note that heples simplex is also carried by 3/4 or more of the population (with debate still raging as to whether to the number of strains, transmission, etc..)

retroviruses and oncogenic diseases are a very convoluted issue ( chicken and the egg type questions arise frequently)

btw- between the ages of 20 and 28 (at least from a study survey) 8 of 10 women express HPV or HPV indicated cervical abnormalities.

btw2- the reason for including the herpes virus data is that there are strong links and expression of the HPV oncogene may be due to HSV immune suppression and/or secondary activation.

b fold the truth said:
I would say that you would know it if you have it. From what I understand...it may take about 6 months for the first outbreak to show up but with meds the outbreak will go away...

Ohh...protection will not protect you or her from getting it either... You will need to explain it to her before having a sexual relationship.

Sorry Clint, but I'd say that the majority of people who have it, do not know it.

there are 80 to 100 strains, only a handful of which will causes symptoms in men.

Its by far the most common and prevalent STD, yet there is no way to test for it in men? That just seems ridiculous.

Lestat said:

Sorry Clint, but I'd say that the majority of people who have it, do not know it.

there are 80 to 100 strains, only a handful of which will causes symptoms in men.

Its by far the most common and prevalent STD, yet there is no way to test for it in men? That just seems ridiculous.

I love it how people reply to me by using my real name...lol.

There are many many strains of the virus and if you get one of them which actually shows visual symptoms...expect to see it in 6 months after initial contact (roughly).

B True

I had an abnormal Pap years ago. They found it was caused by HPV & I had dysplasia. What they did was a cone biopsy. Then sent it off & then removed the affected areas of my cervix. Then had to have a pap again every 3 months to see if any more abnormals came back. Her results are very common in women her age. I know several other women who had the same thing at various ages. While there is no cure, they can remove the affected areas. Once mine were removed, I've never had a recurrence or an abnormal test. Hope this helps ease her mind.

Thanks for the info jencats, I will pass that along.

Now the question is, and forgive me for getting personal, is now that you have had the area's removed.. and you no longer have abnormal tests... can you still pass HPV on to a male sexual partner that you have? I'm not sure if you are married or not.. but if you are single, would you feel you had to tell future sex partners about this?

Lestat said:
Thanks for the info jencats, I will pass that along.

Now the question is, and forgive me for getting personal, is now that you have had the area's removed.. and you no longer have abnormal tests... can you still pass HPV on to a male sexual partner that you have? I'm not sure if you are married or not.. but if you are single, would you feel you had to tell future sex partners about this?

Hmmm...it is a virus so I would assume that it could be passed on. Let me do some more research and see what I can come up with.

You have to be honest and tell them. If you choose to stick yourself inside of a woman...you had better be ready to accept the consequences which also include being honest and upfront about telling your FUTURE partners about it beforehand.

B True

Stick yourself inside a woman? Damn man, you're making me wet!

I've never had a girlfriend with an abnormal pap smear.. or at least they have never told me.

During my last STD test I specifically asked about HPV and they said there was no way to test.

That's why I think this is such a fucked up thing... so many people have it.. but you can't test for it?

Top Bottom