Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to fight a big guy

Well, im nearly 34 and I wouldnt worry about age. When I was in my 20's it was all about fight your way out of trouble, but now im older I find myself thinking about conflict on more than just the physical. Like the implications regarding the law, how it could affect my family, my degree could suffer etc.

Thinking things through one as many levels as you can is the best choice.

And in conflict that ends in a clash of fists, always act the victim up until you launch. Think about what people around you are looking at, as witnesses turn the tide. Hands up and shake your head, looks submissive. I say this again and again but it works, regardless of what you are saying, if people cant hear you, they will see you. and be the first to ring the cops.

I say bullshit! If the guy starts shit again just back off a bit and wait for the first earhole. Then don't back off, just keep going at him. I don't think going to the ground is always the best choice for a smaller quick guy. If you can avoid getting trangled up with him you will win. I'm 6'5 and love when smaller guys try to take me down. I would rather fight on the ground, with the weight and strength it just makes it easy. Either that or you could find some huge guy to kick his ass and you just drink a beer while watching. Reguardless you should punish him.

JK.......but you thought I was serious didn't you!

Micker said:
A little background on me. I am 34, 5'7" and weigh a bit over 180, about 14% maybe less bodyfat. I wrestled in high school, and did very well. I took karate for a couple years before that. I have been in many fights as a kid, when kids used to actually fight each other :). I was always the small kid, but I held my own.

That said, there is a guy who is about 6'4"ish and has to weigh close to 300lbs.. He is out of shape and is fat basically. I know for a fact I am stronger then him weight lifting wise. He is about 8 years older then me also. He isn't a fighter and has no training whatsoever. He has some beef with me from about 10 years ago. Someone who owed him money told him they gave it to me, to give to him(I used to waiter for him). They gave me $300 and I gave it to him. They then told him they gave me more, which is total BS, but he thinks its true. All of a sudden, he calls me after years and years asking if I want to pay him back yet. He left a message, and it PISSED ME OFF!!!! Besides the fact it was so long ago, I know he knows its BS, but is trying to see if he can get me to pay him off, to get him off my back.

Well, my question is how should I go about fighting this guy if it comes down to it?? I know I am a better fighter and stronger, but he is just so dam big. I think my best bet is taking him to the ground and hammering him from the top. What kind of stragety would you guys use in this situation??

firstly I'd tell him the fact that the person is lying
after that I'd probubly call the cops
if he got antsy I'd bust his ass
I know that's not really descriptive but our fighting styles are probubly totally different
but taking down someone that's like 300lbs is going to be diferent from taking people down that where in your weightclass
that's one piece of info I can give
then again if he's untrained he may go down with a simple push...

firstly i would qualify via the phone if he was happy to leave it as it is or if he wanted to take it any further, if the latter was the case and with out registering any threat on my part i would suggest just disapointment that he felt that way.now knowing his mindset was to fight when the time was right for him i would take the step of selecting the time and place that was best for me and had him at the biggest disadvantage.only use force to defend yourself ,never seek to intimidate.in a street fight your life is at risk, every thing is fair, anything goes. if you want a fair fight try a ring or dojo,ive been in the ring,winning is everything.having never tasted defeat the finest art is the art of striking before the mind has registered that the fight has begun.its the blow a man does not see coming that will be the one that knocks him out easiest.take a single finger jab to the stomach when not expecting it and its impact multiplys, the same jab when you are tensed and ready will be easily absorbed.before administering such a blow your face must register no tension or aggression as these flag intent to the target. a surprise punch(always throw them in combos) to the jaw and neck with no warning and some speed and force will drop 90% with in the first shot the follow up blows if he is standing will put him down ..... A, because of the cumulative effect or b because you were punching through the target moving forward and broke his balance dumping him on the floor.the stamp and boot are the follow through but bear in mind that a man whos down but conscious will try to grab or cling to your leg so selectively administering to the vital points is important at range but would suggest staying clear of the stamp or kicks to the skull for obvious reasons. concentrate on the face for visual impact, or body of course.when the point has been made leave the scene quickly.the most effective take down is from the rear, walk up behind him bend down and grasp both ankles, pant leg as well as ankle itself then nudge forward with shoulder as you are standing up keeping hold of one ankle when he goes down with both hands. as he is face down on the floor ........kick repeatedly in the groin with the right boot.this will take anyone down with ease its a tryed and trusted commando tecnique.18 stone no problem.300 pounds would make a real splash.preparation is everything in winning.always carry insurance.the other option is to suggest a gloved up fight in the ring, interesting,good luck.

Micker, you got alot of good suggestions. I'd make a short list of your favorite ones, the ones that seem to be the most potent, and then visualize executing them. You might even attach a short, descriptive slogan to each one.

I.E., "Elbows, elbows," or "eye gouge, eye gouge." Doing that might help dissipate any nervousness or anxiety when it comes time to go face to face. I'll throw one option into the fray: an uppercut to the penis and balls. That's a favorite visual of mine. I've never used it, not yet anyway, and I don't know if I ever will. But it seems like a good technique for someone who is 7 inches taller than you.

Btw, what was the outcome with this fellow, or are you guys cool or in a holding pattern?

My first strike would be to hit him in the throat quick and direct with the meaty area of the hand between the thumb and the fore finger..While he is panicing and gasping your options are many...

I am having a hard time believing that a 34 year old would be trying to determine a proper fighting plan for a guy that wants 300 dollars. Call the police and report a guy threatening you. If he attacks you don’t fight him, you kill him. Stab in the neck with anything you can. When you are a adult being attacked by someone that big, you don’t fight for respect you fight for life and death.

jab him quick in the face a few times to stun him, then put all your weight into a punch to his temple. that should knock him down....or kill him.

Top Bottom