Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often to take whey protein?

:mad: I went to order my stuff from proteinfactory, but they really aren't set up for online purchasing . Will have to use the phone tommorrow.

This is what I came accross in ref to the whey only. Designer , which is what I am taking now and the chocolate tasted good is about $10/pound, and the proteinfactory has two.
1.CFM whey isolate $8.85 lb
and
2.Whey protein concentrate at $4.25.

Quite a differnece in price. What do I do? I would like it to be easily mixed as the DP , as I mix it myself at work , with no blender. Also, be able to add a flavor as in chocolate. I think Proteinfactory can do this, no? Or will that add sugar or fat or something bad?

WHich dextrose?

Caseinite/egg whites! man $5.xx /lb each :( . Can I buy the egg whites at the supermarket cheaper? I thought I was going to buy a lot of quanity of everything for about $100, but that money isn't going very far :( .

thanks

First of all...drop the designer like planned...the stuff taste good and is good quality but its way to expensive for my tastes....also in regards to the whey concentrate/isolate question...the isolate is a faster digesting protein and is more refined, thus supposedly the best post workout...i personally get by fine on concentrate and with teh money you save you can buy good quality food or other proteins..
as for the caseinate/egg question...i myself am taking a "bedtime" protein mix from the proteinfactory...its 25%whey concentrate,25% soy Isolate (soy isolate is ok...the concentrate is very bad)...25% caseinate, and 25% milk protein...comes out to be decently priced and its a good mix of amino acids

In regards to any of your other questions...yes you can add chocalate to proteinfactory...in fact i suggest you go with the chocalate/splenda flavoring.....as for dextrose...its decently priced at the proteinfactory but is cheeper at kilosports.com or supplementdirect.com has it for 10 bucks for 11lbs..
any other questions lemme know

Thanks for the additional info.

I ended up going with Penta Pro and dextrose from proteinfactory. I read some stuff in the archives which seemed good, it has whey,soy(this I am not sure if good or bad :( ), egg, and casenit.

I should've read you response sooner :( . supplementdirect.com has the whey and dextrose alot cheaper. How's their whey? Taste/flavored? Its like under $5/lb.

For now I am going to stick to the whey protein and dextrose. And at night take cottage cheese for the caseinite. Plus take the dextrose. This is all in addition to the xenadrine.

Man, that must be about $$ per month :( .

Oh, what about your off day (I workout 6, rest 1)? Continue taking the whey/dextrose on that day?

Last edited:
never tried supplementdirect's whey...so i cant help ya there...but i do know that some whey's that are sold are sold unflavored so theirs extra cost involved...not sure if that applies though...other than that you sound pretty set...the penta pro is ok because it is soy isolate...(the concetrate is bad)...and as for the xenadrine...make sure you shop around online..you can get it for 22 bucks some places and dont take it for too long without cycling it

i usually always take my whey with water, but as far as nite time taking whey with milk isnt recomended because of how fast whey is digested? So i shouldnt take my whey with milk before bed or?
by the way i take opti nutirtion whey if that matters.

thanks

Yosh...id still take the whey protein on your off day but not the dextrose...the only time you need simple sugars is post workout...since your not working out..you dont need the dextrose

Top Bottom