Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often to take whey protein?

yosshimura

High End Bro
Platinum
I have another micro-question . I got my Designer whey protein over the wknd, and I am aware I need about 1gram (its gram right? :D) per body weight.

But Lets assume you are 200 pounds over your ideal 180 :D, do you take 380 grams or the grams based on your ideal weight? I assume your current weight, doesn't matter if you are over or not. Right?

Next question, designer says to take 2-3 scoops per day. But as I fine tune my diet/protein intake. I need to get close to my ideal grams per day. Today, for example I took two scoops about 20 minutes after my workout (shower,change, get to my office upstairs) and yesterday I took one scoop after workout. So should I increase the scoops after workout? And at what other point in the day do I take the additional scoops if needed? I am thinking of the additional scoops to get to my ideal protein intake.

Last..... My myoplex deluxe had like 40gr of protein :alien: , that is alot more than in one scoop of Designer. But Myoplex isnt whey right?

thanks

what i would do is eat 6 meals each with at least 30-40 grms protien a day-myoplex after lifting and 2 scoops of designer before bed because there are no carbs.

I agree with the first part of what Congo said but id take your designer post workout mixed with dextrose (or myoplex is fine) but take a protein shake with caseinate in it before bed...the way digests way to fast to last all 8hrs of the night

Thanks to both. I am just using the Myoplex now b/c i bought a box a wk or so ago, but when I am done with it I will just be drinking the designer....and the dextrose (gotta order it, have been getting around to it for two days!...online).

Congo-->The shake at night is protein? What's caseinate? The post Designer is about 40grams (2 scoops), then the night time shake another 40 grams or so, plus the protein in my food.

Scottyo - Everytime I think I got everything figured out I get hit with somthing new :D. both said caseinate...... :confused:

THe 6 meals / day I have that covered, I am taking 6 now, although not perfect, but am fine tuning it. I got some recommendations (good) on another thread last week

Caseinate is simply another type of protein...whey and caseinate together are the two proteins in milk..the advantages of whey is that it digests extremely fast...as for caseinate it is the opposite...its one of the slowest digesting proteins...very ideal for bedtime...you can either order it in a mix or by itself from proteinfactory.com or buy a product that is a mix of proteins and not just whey concentrate

You can also use Egg protein instead of Caseinate if you need to go to a local nutri store. Most local stores don't care caseinate by itself but they do carry egg protein.

I suggest taking dextrose after w/o. Wait 30min and take a whey protein only shake. I'd take the Myoplex as meal replacement shakes only. Whey protein absorbs extremely fast and is best used for after w/o recovery shake! Myoplex is a great product but has other proteins mixed w/ it. This slows down the absorbtion.

Your best bet (and money saver) is to buy huge amounts of whey and egg/caseinate protein powders and mix them for what you want them to do for you. Whey for after w/o. Whey and Egg/caseinate for meal replacements. I'd also purchase some Dextrose and other carb powders so you have a choice of what type carbs to take w/ your protein shakes.

Ok, so workout in the am->take dextrose right after workout-> wait 30 minutes after taking dextrose and take whey.

Myoplex->as meal replacement only. Myoplex is expensive, so I will use whey as a meal replacement in the afternoon between lunch and dinner meals.

egg protein = Caseinate . I can get the caseinate if as I am going to be ordering online today. ANd Brand ?

Dextrose-> I am buying this too. Brand?

So now that I seem to have the schedules as to what to take when :D ....quantity ( I Might have asked this b4, but now have more products). How much whey, dextrose, caseinate to take during day / per serving? Mix them at any point with each other? I think I got the whey amount down, as I just have to juggle it with the protein content in my meals to complete my 1 gram per body weight per day.

Damn, all that plus my Xenadrine (online too :D), that is alot of $ per month. How much do you guys think I will be spending per month? :( . I might just buy a ton of it per quarter ....

Last edited:
Go to www.proteinfactory.com to order and read info on various b-building supps. I suggest buying in bulk to save money.

Caseinate is protein from Skim milk. Where egg is egg. But both digest slowly and is best mixed w/ whey for meal replacement shakes.

Quantity is a different subject. Try the 1g per pound even if you are 200 over ideal! You don't want to cut too many cals too fast. Start with the 1g/1lb then adjust every month or so.

Also, good ol' cottage cheese is casein (slow digesting protein), which may be less expensive or at least more accessable to you. I take around 0.5 to 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with flax oil mixed in before bed and that seems to tide me over quite well till the morning. Just a thought.

Cottage cheese -low fat....I ate 1/2 cup tonight (going to bed shortly, so technically b4 going to bed :D). So that is another option then, just mix flax oil.

Top Bottom