Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Often Do Ya'll Take a Week Off From the Gym?

curling

I might take off 2 or 3 total weeks avg during the year. You know vacations, injured or sick. I hate missing more than a week ever it seems like you lose stregnth and size over a couple weeks. I had a damn kidney stone once and didn't work out for 2 months. IT SUCKS. I went back the the gym and felt like when I first started working out again. Soreness and weak. Didn't take as long to get back up to speed muscle memory I guess.

Well what about ya'll?

since i am natural, i take a week off after 7-8 intense weeks of training.
when you train, your body goes through 3 stages of response:

stage 1: alarm- in the first 1 0r 2 weeks of training ur body will begin to adjust it's defenses as it prepares to compensate for the new stress.

stage 2: resistance, during weeks 3-5 your body actually adapts to this stress by getting bigger.

stage 3: exhaustion, during weeks 6-7, your body hits a wall(plateau) and your gains stop as overtraining sets in.

this is fact, exp for a natural trainer....rest = growth not time in the gym!

I was stupid and didn't take a week off for at least 6 months. Well, my body let me know by royally fuckin me up. Sick, pulled hammy, exhausted, shitty sleep, you name it. I think more people can benefit from a break every 3-4months or so. I'm talkin a week off with nothing. No cardio, calves, abs, whatever. Just relax and eat. You come back fresher and more focused. I haven't been 'on' in a while so that's where this theory can get skewed cuz its definitely different when you're using. I just came back from my week layoff and didn't lose a step.

Max,

Is that you in your sig picture? If it is, why are you red? You look like that dude from "Cheech and Chongs Next Movie" that broke through the wrong wall and ended up on the "Help Me Wonda" set. :D

curling takes an extra day off every week as he neglects proper leg training.

as for me, i take it every time i get some vacations (usually every other 8 weeks about).

i am with max, i never take weeks off, just a day or two once in a while.
And curling, thats not max in the pic, thats me, im his idol.

LoL yo i wish! haha thats King Kamali man, and maybe hes red because or a bad sun burn??

~WizKid :kaioken:

Top Bottom