Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much is too much.Is there any side or negative affects to taking too much ALA??

His first post was not s-. You can't buy s- without getting an equal dose of r-, hopefully anyway. Fonz's results and what he posted were in relation to glucose uptake and I may be wrong but I don't think he had enough time to experiment with what happens after several weeks or months of using racemic ALA. The fact that it increases plasma insulin levels wasn't not well known at the time. At least not to me. You may never get fat from it. You may have great insulin sensitivity that exceeds anything that the ALA could do to you. We are only offering an explanation as to why so many people after using racemic ALA are getting fatter and not thinner.

ulter said:
His first post was not s-. You can't buy s- without getting an equal dose of r-, hopefully anyway. Fonz's results and what he posted were in relation to glucose uptake and I may be wrong but I don't think he had enough time to experiment with what happens after several weeks or months of using racemic ALA. The fact that it increases plasma insulin levels wasn't not well known at the time. At least not to me. You may never get fat from it. You may have great insulin sensitivity that exceeds anything that the ALA could do to you. We are only offering an explanation as to why so many people after using racemic ALA are getting fatter and not thinner.

I understand. thanks for clearing it up. But i have one question. Many including me, have gotten hypoglycemic many times due to ALA. Can the effects of ALA by each user vary this much? i mean, i get really lean if i dont pack in the carbs whilst on ALA.

interestingly strange.....

It's a chemical, a drug, and just like any other drug results vary by individual. Yes it can be a wide variance. Especially when you are talking about comparing people with different ethnic backgrounds and different age groups.

Thanks for the replies bro. I never knew of this regarding ALA.....i will take this into account when i recommend it to people.

Whether or not ALA makes you fat is a genetic disposition. It's going to vary from person to person. To those of you who dont know or are just reading about it for the first time, "regular" ALA is a mixture of both s-ALA and r-ALA (50/50). s-ALA is NOT beneficial. r-ALA is. From here, you have 2 choices:

1. You buy the "regular"/racemic ALA. It is fairly cheap provided you dont buy it in tablet form, or from GNC, etc. The only cheap place to buy it in pills is from Iceman. 500mg for $0.20 for members of EF.

2. You buy r-ALA. You get only the beneficial ALA and you get to use half as much. Instead of using, say, 3 grams of regular ALA, you'd use 1.5g of r-ALA. r-ALA is more costly, but pure. It is available from very few sources and the Anabolic Fitness store sells it in pill form. Apparently someone is about to make it available in pill form for cheaper, if you believe what you read here.

It's a personal financial decision each person has to make on their own.

As for Frack getting 'fat' off of regular ALA, I'm not going to call him a liar as I think he is a good bro, but there could be a multitude of factors that may influence his body composition. Bottom line is that ALA, either in regular or simply r-ALA form, will get most people results.

BeefyBull said:
The only cheap place to buy it in pills is from Iceman. 500mg for $0.20 for members of EF.

No Bro...that's the only place to buy hand capped/homemade 500 mg ALA caps. If you want real 500 mg ALA www.anabolical.com is the place. Yes....they're a little more...but that's cause they're made, packaged, tamper resistant etc. , etc. like a real product should be.

I liked you guys better when you were both attacking me. It's very unsettling to see you two at each others throats like this. I think you're both getting a little on edge because sales are off a little. It's the season fellas. Get used to it.

No....nobody here is on edge. And to my knowledge i've never attacked you or r-ALA, ulter

However....some may assume that my product is similar to Iceman's..so I do feel the need to point out the differences. Just as you ulter point out the differences between ALA and r-ALA.

nekrawulf said:

I would like to state for the record that this is entirely unture...you can have too much sex and you most definately hac have to much water.

GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING WATER INTOXICATION

--Richard Townsend--

Water intoxication is a state of altered neurological functioning
produced by a hypotonicity in the central nervous system. It
results from the excessive intake of water over a short time
period. The body is unable to remove water from the system as fast
as it is taken in. There are several symptoms related to water
intoxication syndrome (WIS). Water intoxication is manifested by
"restlessness, asthenia, polyuria, frequency of urination,
diarrhea, salivation, nausea, retching, vomiting, muscle tremor,
ataxia, convulsions, frothing, stupor, and coma" (1). WIS seems to
be age independent. WIS has been reported in people as young as
three months old and in those 50 and older. WIS appears to be
particularly prevalent in schizophrenic disorders (SD).

It has been found that people suffering from SD drink on the
average of roughly twice the amount of water as the average
population(1). The prevalence of high water intake in mental
facilities is 6.6%-17.5% higher than the norm. Over 70% of these
people suffer from SD. There seems to be a direct link between
water intake and an increase in the activity of the dopaminergic
system. Thus in these patients, drinking excessive amounts of
water would result in the reward of endogenous opioids being
released in the brain(2). It basically puts them on a high. There
has been a study by Tadashi Nishikawa that shows promising results
of reducing WIS by incorporation of the drug Naloxone(2).

WIS has also been found to be linked with alcoholism. During
periods of prolonged high blood alcohol levels, the body begins to
retain its water. Over time the body adapts this state semi-
permanently(3). Thus an alcoholic has a consistently low water
output. Patients who were characterized with "beer potomania" had
both a history of high chronic alcohol ingestion as well as signs,
symptoms, and lab results that are consistent with WIS(4).

REFERENCES

1. Vieweg WVR, David JJ, Rowe WT, et al. Death from self-induced
water intoxication among patients with schizophrenic
disorders. J Nerv Mental Disease 1985;173(3):161-5.

2. Nishikawa T, Tsuda A, Tanaka M, Nishikawa M, Koga I, Uchida Y.
Naloxone attenuates drinking behavior in a schizophrenic
patient displaying self-induced water intoxication. Clinical
Neuropharmacology 1992 Aug;15(4):310-4.

3. Ragland G. Electrolyte abnormalities in the alcoholic patient.
Emerg Med Clin North Am 1990;8(4):761-73.

4. Harrow AS. Beer potomania syndrome in an alcoholic. Va Med
1989;116(6):270-1.
I will also be posting this on the main anobolic board.

Now I've surely heard everything. This response just proves no absolute statement of fact is safe on this board! I would consider that a complement to the board. Good work bros...

ulter said:
As far as the price goes. We've had doctors and researchers, the last one from Virginia Tech, write to us and ask how the hell we can sell it so cheap. The only other company selling it in North America (AOR in Canada) costs twice as much as we do.
From what I hear though IP will be selling r-ALA in bulk and guess what, it's only 80% pure. But there are plenty of people who will buy that too.

Do you really believe that is the cheapest price you can do it for? If so I think you should question your source. Pure r-ala can be manufactured in an ISO9001 registered facility and sold for $5 less than you sell it for a still excellent margin.

Top Bottom