Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much is too much.Is there any side or negative affects to taking too much ALA??

I'm getting sick of hearing about fuckin R-Ala every time a regular Ala question comes up.if you've been on this bored for more than a week you've probably heard 10001 reasons why R-Ala is better.Now till that price decreases a bit alot of us will be sticking with regular ALA.

scout420 said:
not sex not water

Actually too much water can be bad. If your body cant get rid of if fast enough...........like if you are drinking gallons and gallons of it, you could have some serious problems. I agree with ya on the sex part:D

Scout
The thread starter, you, asked the sides of ALA. If you don't want to know the answer then don't read the thread. If you don't want to hear about a great product like r-ALA then don't read the board.
If you want to use regular ALA then do it. That's your business. There are a lot of people here who will use IP gear too. It doesn't matter to them that they are buying inferior gear or that they have to use more of it to get results because it's underdosed they are saving money and that's all that matters.
As far as the price goes. We've had doctors and researchers, the last one from Virginia Tech, write to us and ask how the hell we can sell it so cheap. The only other company selling it in North America (AOR in Canada) costs twice as much as we do.
From what I hear though IP will be selling r-ALA in bulk and guess what, it's only 80% pure. But there are plenty of people who will buy that too.

now ALA makes you fat??? geez before saying inaccurate statments please state what type of ALA, there are many. ive gone as high as 6-7g a day, and i was hard and tight throughout. this was with s-ALA!!!!!

If you are going to get fat from ALA then it is a result of increased insulin levels. THAT is what I should have posted. It is not a forgone conclusion that you will get fatter from regular ALA. It happened to Frackal, it happened to me and many others but I shouldn't have said it WILL make you fatter. It may.

Ok, sorry Ulter, I dont mean to argue with you but I read so many posts that was pro ALA on how it helps induce fat loss. hence, I have been taking approximately 1200mgs-1600mgs for the last 2 weeks with protien shakes that have 25grams of carbs. Now, should I discontinue use because it will make me fatter? I DONT WANT FAT!!! I want to lose fat and maximize muscle, is there any recomendations you can give me on proper use of ALA or another LEGAL source? thanks

The answer is in the mirror. There is no way for me to know if you should discontinue it without seeing what happened with it in the last 2 weeks. As far as I know there is no better supp in the world than r-ALA and not just from a fat loss standpoint. So you didn't waste it either way.

ulter said:
If you are going to get fat from ALA then it is a result of increased insulin levels. THAT is what I should have posted. It is not a forgone conclusion that you will get fatter from regular ALA. It happened to Frackal, it happened to me and many others but I shouldn't have said it WILL make you fatter. It may.

ulter; that comments wasnt directed towards you, trust me, i know better than to argue with you;)

seriously though, My unserstanding was that ALA allows your insulin to become sensitive, therefore it can do more with less; and with less slin, you will not gain fat. But now you say some, including you have gotten fat from "incresed" slin levels due to ALA??

Fonz's first study was done on S-ALA no? it sounded very promising. not once did he mention this side.

can you please explain?

Top Bottom