Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Do You SEATED CALF RAISE

How Much WEIGHT Do You USUALLY Use On SEATED CALF RAISES?

• under 25 lbs. (I hope your kidding)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25 - 75 lbs.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 75 - 125 lbs.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 125 - 175 lbs.

• 175 - 225 lbs.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 225 - 275 lbs.

• 275 - 325 lbs.

• 325 - 375 lbs.

• 375 - 425 lbs.

• more than 425 lbs. (you're a monSTAR)

• Total voters
I ususally use around 300-400 lbs. for seated calf raises for around 10-15 reps per set. Really keep my form strict and use slow reps focusing on the stretch & contraction.
:D:D

Ill be a monSTAR once I get up to 400-500 lbs.

u have to be talking about the standing machine. 400lbs on seated!!!!

if your talking about standing then i have done once(a long ass time ago) 4 45s on each side +the whole stack with no belt!! it was pretty easy back then...now...i can barly half the stack :(

they reason its so heavy is cause i weighed over 400lbs(still do) and if i walk on each calf with 400+ lbs...u can see the picture...and this was after like a year of squating heavy and stiff leg deadlifts. so my low back was could support it

big calvin said:
u have to be talking about the standing machine. 400lbs on seated!!!!

if your talking about standing then i have done once(a long ass time ago) 4 45s on each side +the whole stack with no belt!! it was pretty easy back then...now...i can barly half the stack :(

they reason its so heavy is cause i weighed over 400lbs(still do) and if i walk on each calf with 400+ lbs...u can see the picture...and this was after like a year of squating heavy and stiff leg deadlifts. so my low back was could support it

Standing or sitting, that seems like way the hell too much for calves. I'll do maybe 155 tops on seated, little over 200 on the standing calf machine but that's it. But 8 plates on seated? 400lbs on a smith machine for standing? Come now.

gymtime:
no no. i said 8 plates + the stack only on standing.......if i weigh 400lbs and do each leg everytime i walk 400lbs ...wouldnt on both be around 800 as long as my back could take it? also my back was stronger for squat lockouts...with....i think it was 545 on lockout only. im not saying full squats. just lockouts. how much do u weigh?

standing calf raise....180 kilos...thats about 396 pounds...i swear!! you can put me on a lie detector of you want.:D

big calvin said:
gymtime:
no no. i said 8 plates + the stack only on standing.......if i weigh 400lbs and do each leg everytime i walk 400lbs ...wouldnt on both be around 800 as long as my back could take it? also my back was stronger for squat lockouts...with....i think it was 545 on lockout only. im not saying full squats. just lockouts. how much do u weigh?

BC - I'm afraid I didn't understand one word of that. Except the last part - I'm 220.

ok your 220. take 1 step with your left leg. the right leg isnt working. so u just raised your body with 1 calf. now when u go and do standing calf raises. u say ok im gonna pick ohh say 200 pounds. 1 calf of yours can do that. it does it every step u make. so if your only using 200 pounds on the machine with both legs. then your not doing much of anything for your calfs. see where im going with this? now if u know each calf can take your weight, try to get up to atleast double your weigh on the machine.

so u weigh 220. try 440...u should be able to handle it. unless your back or abs can carry that much weight.

now do u understand?

i think it was something reg park use to do. im not sure who it was but i know it was an old time BB.

Top Bottom