Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Do You SEATED CALF RAISE

How Much WEIGHT Do You USUALLY Use On SEATED CALF RAISES?

• under 25 lbs. (I hope your kidding)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25 - 75 lbs.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 75 - 125 lbs.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 125 - 175 lbs.

• 175 - 225 lbs.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 225 - 275 lbs.

• 275 - 325 lbs.

• 325 - 375 lbs.

• 375 - 425 lbs.

• more than 425 lbs. (you're a monSTAR)

• Total voters
That's impressive if that's how much you are doing for standing Oak, I've got fairly large calves and am only good for half the stack

OK Monstar enough of these stupid ass polls....

Is the next one:

****** HOW MUCH DO YOU WRIST CURL? **********

Or, perhaps ***** HOW MUCH DO YOU SIDE BEND? *****

*HOW MUCH CAN YOU TRICEP KICKBACK*

or

*HOW MUCH CAN YOUR UPPER PECS LIFT ON THEIR OWN*

Anyway, i can't resist answering...
I do calf raises on the sled, it's basically body weight. I add 200 pounds to it, and do one leg at time. My calves are small, but they're strong.

hey big calvin, I understand exactly what ya meanwith that story of yours. btw, you weigh 400 pounds? thats ALOT.

hey belial: lol about the upper pecs!!:FRlol:

SAGAT said:
hey big calvin, I understand exactly what ya meanwith that story of yours. btw, you weigh 400 pounds? thats ALOT.

hey belial: lol about the upper pecs!!:FRlol:

yep, 425 to be exact. but ill get down there. hey i may not have the cuts YET but i have the strength :)

Nah I was talkin about strictly SEATED calf raises... with freeweight plates. I can definitley handle that much weight on seated I am not joking. Somehow my calves are strong as shit but not that big. Like 17.75-18".. theyre prolly my strongest bodypart.

I like these polls bro it gives an idea of what everyone else's strength is like compared to yours.
:D:D

For me it honestly depends on the machine. I prefer using a leg press machine to do my calves since it supports my entire back not just the lower back. With just a seated calf press (the machine i dont like) i am pumping 550 lbs easy but it hurts my lower back since all the weight is concentrated there. But on the leg press machine where i can focus the bulk of the weight onto the rest of my back and shoulders i am just grazing 1000 (22x45 lbs plates plus a small bit of body weight). I have enormous calves do to my job in the navy, running up and down 60degree ladderwells. I only weigh in at 185. I can put up the 1000 around 12 times full ankle rotation, after that it begins to get hard to get the full extension. it might help to say that i used to weigh 200 so that extra wieght both hurt and helped me develop my calves. Currently i have laid off calves and legs to preportionalize my body a bit more. But if anyone needs help conditioning their calves. I suggest for bulk. High weight 8 sets of 5 reps with around 2-2.5 ur body weight. When u do your calf raises change the angle of ur ankle in relationship to eachother. 4 sets straight toe, 2 sets pigeon toed and 2 sets with ur feet at a 45 degree angle....Once u finish this Go through it agian drop 20% of ur weight and goto failure on all three positions.
For toning, ur muslces use weight equal to ur body weight, 5 sets of each position 12 times for a total of 180 reps. then drop half the weight and do it all over agian, Finally finish with a goto failure on each position.
This worked for me and now i have a very nice groove going right up the middle of my calves.

Top Bottom