Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you deadlift ?

How much do you deadlift ?

• 0 - 75% of your body weight

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 75 - 100% of your body weight

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 100 - 125% of your body weight

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • 125 - 150% of your body weight

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 150 - 175% of your body weight

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • 175 - 200% of your body weight

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • 200 - 225% of your body weight

• 225 - 250% of your body weight

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • More than 250% of your body weight

• Total voters
callthedoctor said:
Club rule...no chalk, can you believe it? Although I've seen a few sneak it in and try to use it unsuspectingly...

No barefoot/Sandles either....

Hey, what do you expect for only $80 bucks a month....(family membership)

:)

They dont like it in my gym, thats for sure. But I dont like them mentioning it either. So they leave me alone for the most part. The knurling is bad on the bars anyway and I get sick of getting blisters on my hands from jamming them in the bar rest on the bench presses, (hands sliding). Straps will work though, if you dont want to deal with that bullshit.

Ya beast Im gonna try the beast lift wednesday when i do back. Do you do deads and beasts in the same workout or just 1 a week? 590 is alot of fucken weight man great job. Do you feel the beast lift has helped or hurt your deads?

zestys152 said:
Ya beast Im gonna try the beast lift wednesday when i do back. Do you do deads and beasts in the same workout or just 1 a week? 590 is alot of fucken weight man great job. Do you feel the beast lift has helped or hurt your deads?

Hey brother!! I do the beast lifts in the same workout typically, though Ive skipped deadlifts a few times and concentrated on just the beast lift along with the rest of my rowing and back work. Heres a typical routine set up, an exerpt from my journal:

(6 or more hours) (192lbs on water only)

T-Bar Rows with Barbell:

35x20 (35lb plate on end of barbell)
70x15 (2 35's)
105x15
140x15
175x15 (5 35's)
210x6 (came loose from wall)
210x6
235x4 (6 35's and a 25)
210x7
175x15

Wide Grip Chin-ups:

Close Grip Chin-ups:

15 (underhanded) (chin-ups done at different parts of routine)

T-Bar Rows with barbell (again):

160x15
180x15
205x10 (4 45's and a 25lb plate)

Partial Deadlift: (lowest setting on power rack)

135x15
225x12
315x1
405x1
500x1
530x1
555x1
575x1 (Another 5lb PR)
585 (fail)

Clean and Jerk:

135x7 (first time trying the lift, fucking around)

Dumbell Curls:

65'sx6
55'sx5 (just having a little fun between sets)

Partial Beast Lifts: (a deadlift with the bar behind the legs, done off lowest setting on power rack)

585x1
635x1
675x1
700x1
730x1 (5lb PR, I almost got it a while ago, but the other side came loose)\
735 (fail)

Lat Pulldowns:

165x15
180x15

Abs:

Kneeling Rope Crunches:

190x15
190x15
190x15
190x15

ThanX for the compliment also brother! This is how I usually do it, though lately Ive been switching it up and going by how I feel, with this injury looming. I think the beast lift has helped my deads alot, since its gotten me used to feeling the much heavier weights (700 plus) not to mention strengthening the muscles involved, since Im putting a much greater load on my muscles. Even without the beast lifts its likely my deadlifts would still be similiar, but the beast lifts motivate me alot as well. I like to be able to go to failure on the deads, then if Im weak, instead of letting it fuck with me, I move right into beast lifts and it gives me another chance to be strong. Usually if Im strong in one, Im strong in the other on a given day. And even on my weak days Im good for a 700lb beast lift off the rack, so it feels good. Hope that helps!!

I am up to 200@ 171. I have not been doing DLs for long and have been SUPER careful with them due to a history of lower back problems, but, I have yet to try a PR and miss. By the end of the summer I will have 250 easy, maybe even more. It is easily my favorite lift.

KillahBee said:
I am up to 200@ 171. I have not been doing DLs for long and have been SUPER careful with them due to a history of lower back problems, but, I have yet to try a PR and miss. By the end of the summer I will have 250 easy, maybe even more. It is easily my favorite lift.

I was sceptical of dl's as well thinking that has to be awful for your back..Then one day i just started doing them in my basement with literally 60lbs..yeah it was light as hell but i was more worried about form..i've been doing them less than a year and im a hair away from 500lbs..make sure you have flawless form before u start to pile the weight on and you should be ok!!!

wnt2bBeast said:
I was sceptical of dl's as well thinking that has to be awful for your back..Then one day i just started doing them in my basement with literally 60lbs..yeah it was light as hell but i was more worried about form..i've been doing them less than a year and im a hair away from 500lbs..make sure you have flawless form before u start to pile the weight on and you should be ok!!!
Pulling 5 wheels a side was the best feeling i ever had in the gym, better than benching 405. You will feel like the man when you do.

jcp2 said:
Pulling 5 wheels a side was the best feeling i ever had in the gym, better than benching 405. You will feel like the man when you do.

i hear ya loud and clear im about 2 weeks away i think..strength is coming up nicely good form..personally i like doing deads the most.. :supercool

Haven't gone for my 1rm, so not positive...but with 8 reps at 405, I estimate I should be able to hit 475. BW currently is 258.

Top Bottom