Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much $$$ are you missing from your paycheck

Those changes will lower the medical cost to some individuals, but that cost will be re-absorbed by taxpayers, businesses and healthy individuals. The total cost in the system certainly won't go down and could very well go up. And all of those situations are highly susceptible to abuse.

The changes also pile-on cost of employees. For a $250,000 a year professional, the added cost isn't significant. For a $15.00/hour factory worker, the cost impact is devastating. It really comes down to how many lower-end jobs we want to make available.

It is not like we are not absorbing all those cost now anyway. Do you think all the in-insured are not getting medical care?

This is just allowing to pull more people into group plans. Keeps them out of emergency rooms and un-paid bills.

BTW - I went to the emergency room for 3 hrs the other day. I got billed $8k. WTF - really?

I get paid in a couple days. I'm curious, though I heard for somebody with $50K annual income it would be about $40 a month (I think a month - I could be wrong and it's every 2w).

It is not like we are not absorbing all those cost now anyway. Do you think all the in-insured are not getting medical care?

This is just allowing to pull more people into group plans. Keeps them out of emergency rooms and un-paid bills.

BTW - I went to the emergency room for 3 hrs the other day. I got billed $8k. WTF - really?

bro, medical bills are optional..duh. Throw that fuckin bill in the trash

Yup.

That's happening now.

Cheaper products that are "good enough" are the rage in medical devices. Is a vendor offers something that is cheaper in construction and price, the burden of proof is on the incumbent device to show that it is better. Considering the fact that proof can take years (or decades), customers adopt the cheaper device and wait for the clinical data to prove them wrong.

Gotta love the noninferiority trials. As long as it works as good as what we got now, it's good enough. No reason to push things and make something that is better.

We are most definitely absorbing those costs now. The difference now is that we have a tacit two-tier system where the uninsured get reduced-cost care because the providers know they have to eat the bills. Once everyone can bill the government, utilization among that group is going to skyrocket.

And the myth of emergency room utilization is right up there with the myth of preventative care. I think next Friday night I'll swing by Walmart and tell that 450 lb woman with a cigarette in her mouth wearing an all-spandex cheetah outfit that she should lose weight. I guess she just didn't know.

People will always use the emergency room for primary care. What most people don't realize is that we have a broad underclass that doesn't care about their health in the first place.

And sorry broheim... that ED visit will always run you $8k and the wait will always be three hours. That's never going to change.

We are most definitely absorbing those costs now. The difference now is that we have a tacit two-tier system where the uninsured get reduced-cost care because the providers know they have to eat the bills. Once everyone can bill the government, utilization among that group is going to skyrocket.

And the myth of emergency room utilization is right up there with the myth of preventative care. I think next Friday night I'll swing by Walmart and tell that 450 lb woman with a cigarette in her mouth wearing an all-spandex cheetah outfit that she should lose weight. I guess she just didn't know.

People will always use the emergency room for primary care. What most people don't realize is that we have a broad underclass that doesn't care about their health in the first place.

And sorry broheim... that ED visit will always run you $8k and the wait will always be three hours. That's never going to change.

Ha - it was a back issue. I thought I was. Having kidney failure or I would have never gone. Hope it is my last visit to ER.

There are so many primary care Dr closing up shop now, ER may be the only option going forward.

Top Bottom