Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much $$$ are you missing from your paycheck

I just heard from a Boeing employee last night, that her medical insurance withholdings tripled on 1/1 for Obamacare. I guess she's "rich", as Obama said only the "rich" will pay more. She works in the cafeteria for $13.10/hour.

Charles

I just heard from a Boeing employee last night, that her medical insurance withholdings tripled on 1/1 for Obamacare. I guess she's "rich", as Obama said only the "rich" will pay more. She works in the cafeteria for $13.10/hour.

Charles

That sucks, but Boeing makes their own decisions about what to charge employees for insurance.

Any adjustments to insurance premiums happened back in 2011 when the law was first passed and parts of it became active. Every company saw a 15-30% premium increase regardless of claims history or risk. Whether or not that was passed onto employees was up to the specific company.

2014 is the the first "real" year where PPACA is in full effect.

Fun stuff ahead :eek:

That sucks, but Boeing makes their own decisions about what to charge employees for insurance.

Any adjustments to insurance premiums happened back in 2011 when the law was first passed and parts of it became active. Every company saw a 15-30% premium increase regardless of claims history or risk. Whether or not that was passed onto employees was up to the specific company.

2014 is the the first "real" year where PPACA is in full effect.

Fun stuff ahead :eek:

Exactly.

Right now, employers (via insurance companies) are pricing the impact of children staying on insurance until 26, no caps on coverage and no pre-existing conditions into the price of their plans. Rates on employees will continue to crank right up until all that cost is recovered in premiums.

Barrycare also has some restrictions on how much employers can pass on to the employee, but in their infinite wisdom they forgot to deal with passing along costs to dependents. So as they pile costs onto employers, those employers will just raise the cost of the family buy-up. Right now, only ~40% of a typical company's health insurance cost is the employee themselves. The majority is for dependents and family members.

So what's the end result? You'll see employees receiving Obama care-complient health insurance, but the spouse and children will get dumped in the exchange.

Mark my words, because you heard it here first. In 2015, there will be fewer people covered by employee-provided insurance than were covered in 2012. The financial burden that taxpayers get stuck with will be incredibly high.

Charles

wait til 2014 when the cost of the medical benefit that the employer pays.. example $7300 per year will be reported to the irs as income for her, and she'll owe taxes on that $7300 as income..

and that's already in the law, just waiting for it to phase in..

hahhahaha.. .

wait til 2014 when the cost of the medical benefit that the employer pays.. example $7300 per year will be reported to the irs as income for her, and she'll owe taxes on that $7300 as income..

and that's already in the law, just waiting for it to phase in..

hahhahaha.. .

Employer's medical cost will be reported on 2012's W2 - look in box 12 DD - nothing in the law says that will be taxed, yet.

Exactly.

Right now, employers (via insurance companies) are pricing the impact of children staying on insurance until 26, no caps on coverage and no pre-existing conditions into the price of their plans. Rates on employees will continue to crank right up until all that cost is recovered in premiums.

Barrycare also has some restrictions on how much employers can pass on to the employee, but in their infinite wisdom they forgot to deal with passing along costs to dependents. So as they pile costs onto employers, those employers will just raise the cost of the family buy-up. Right now, only ~40% of a typical company's health insurance cost is the employee themselves. The majority is for dependents and family members.

So what's the end result? You'll see employees receiving Obama care-complient health insurance, but the spouse and children will get dumped in the exchange.

Mark my words, because you heard it here first. In 2015, there will be fewer people covered by employee-provided insurance than were covered in 2012. The financial burden that taxpayers get stuck with will be incredibly high.

I actually like all those changes and believe they will ultimately lower medical cost.

Top Bottom