Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many of you have personal trainers?

no way do i want a personall trainer mate i'll learn to workout myself not someone telling me how to do this and that study it yourself.

I have been lifting for over 20 years and I have seen only one personal trainer that I thought knew his ass from a hole i the ground! Most of them just take the money from thier clients stare off into space and count reps ...never giving any info on how to do the order more effectively or anything on improving thier workouts.....and they almost always have the client use too light of a weight!

Deepsquat said:
I have been lifting for over 20 years and I have seen only one personal trainer that I thought knew his ass from a hole i the ground! Most of them just take the money from thier clients stare off into space and count reps ...never giving any info on how to do the order more effectively or anything on improving thier workouts.....and they almost always have the client use too light of a weight!

you generalize too easy. either you dont go to a gym with quality trainers or are looking for the bad ones to critique. have you seen that clients file? do you know what they want? chances are their goal isnt bodybuilding, they have postural issues, health concerns, etc. dont be quick to judge a person on how they train someone. first, you have to learn the client, the clients strength threshold. what makes the client sore, and what wrecks them. ive crossed the line a couple times. they dont pay to be incapacitated, they pay for a solid workout. if you violate the trust they put in you and make it so their day to day lives suffer, they lose faith in you. fitness is not bodybuilding, the model for how a bodybuilder trains is not directly reflective of how "normal" people should train, and definitely not how sedentary/health risk people should train.

im not defending all trainers, but i know i set the standard in my gym. i educate, explain to, and constantly test my clients. they walk away with maybe 10% of what i say but at least they see value in what i am to them. not a glorified rep counter. and no, i dont stare off into space and get quite disturbed when i am interrupted with my clients.

I hear what you're say nate.... my friend trained some lady who had sued her last trainer because of the "damage" he had done to her (from what i could tell it was just a bit of DOMS, but what can you do... the same lady sued the doctor that delivered her twins for "pain during labour".. HELLO, they don't call it labour for nothing... but i digress)...

my friend was afraid to do anything but take this lady for walks and help her stretch a little...

Top Bottom