Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how about targeting fat fucks instead? fat fucks cost more than smokers do

bluepeter said:
That's scary if you're right. I would think however that it would only be enforceable if the company had such 'company image' language in your employment agreement. If they don't, I can't see them being able to get away with it.
The loophole GE used (I think) was integrity. All employees operate under a "Spirit and Letter" agreement regarding integrity and part of the requirement is protecting the meatball (the GE brand/logo).

Milo Hobgoblin said:
You all ever see the movie "Gattica"?
I did. It's far too extreme, but there are aspects of this movie that will come to our society.

Like it or not, some of those aspects are here now. Look at professional atheletes and look at how many positions are genetically "locked-in". Consider being a defensive end in the NFL... you'll need to be tall (i.e. 6'6"+), big (275+ lbs), fast (genetically fast, as well as training-fast... strong joints, connective tissues, lots of fast-twitch fibers), strong (you'll need the genetics that allow you to respond highly favorably to exercise)... and then on top of that you'll need to be a great defensive end.

Yes it was extreme.. but I can certainly see companies in No Fault states using DNA testing as a reason to not hire people with higher risks of certain disorders.. claming the costs are too high.

Hell we accpet outsoucing jobs to third world countries for the bottom line.. what makes people think we wouldnt accept this???

Top Bottom