Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

employer forces smokers to quit or lose their jobs. he says fatties are next!!

the nature boy said:
a person's sex or skin color is something they are born with. smoking is a choice.

Where will it stop? If these people take it to the courts, they should win.

the nature boy said:
a person's sex or skin color is something they are born with. smoking is a choice.

So is drinking to excess and eating like a fat pig and every other unhealthy lifestyle choice.

the nature boy said:
yeah but you could argue that everything is discrimination. If I hire someone that's more qualified than someone else, I'm discriminating, right?

Fair enough but is a smoker more or less qualified than an obese person?

I don't smoke, but this is bullshit cause it empowers companies way too much. What's next? If I lost my job due to that and it caused a bunch of problems-I would kill that motherfucker. And hopefully one of them will before it gets out of hand.

bluepeter said:
Fair enough but is a smoker more or less qualified than an obese person?

Generally I'd say they play no role in qualification on a job, unless it's a job that requires fitness or good looking presentation. I guess I don't understand where you're going with your question.

the nature boy said:
You're saying it's not?

No, I'm saying it's a choice. Smoking is a choice, being an alcoholic is a choice, being fat is a choice (for some) etc. etc. How do you differentiate? You can't which is why it's wrong.

bluepeter said:
No, I'm saying it's a choice. Smoking is a choice, being an alcoholic is a choice, being fat is a choice (for some) etc. etc. How do you differentiate? You can't which is why it's wrong.

If they are all choices, what's there to differentiate?

Top Bottom