Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

high volume bench training?

bigpimpin69

i read an article online that high volume on board presses and in a bench shirt os only recommended for pro and advanced lifters and that "intermediate drug free lifters" will not make gains with high volume.
to anyones knowledge for powerlifting is working in the 3 to 5 rep range for high volume for a drug free lifter beneficial? or is it pointless?

If your a natural lifter then I would do as much volume as you can handle without over training. Lots of volume is great for building strength. But natural lifters don't have as high of a threshold as chemically enhanced lifters. Drugs make you recover way faster then the natural athlete can. I can do upper and lower body, heavy twice a week,every week. I very rarely have to deload and after a couple days of deloading I hit pr's for weeks. I can't do this when I come off cycle or I would get injured regularly. So as a natural lifter you have to find out your tolerance level and train hard within those limitations. You can still bench twice a week but one day may have to be at 40-60%, and one heavy. Everyone is different and you have to find out what works for you.

Use code joeb15 for 15% of at Ntbm.

Use code TEAM1001 at ruthless supps for a $50 off discount on transaderm and phytoserms.

No problem bro.

Use code TEAM1001 at ruthless supps for a $50 off discount on transaderm and phytoserms.

I'm a natural power lifter and I go 5x5 twice a week for bench, hitting pr's frequently. Bench is 330 at 17 years old so I'm not sure if that's "intermediate"

I'm a natural power lifter and I go 5x5 twice a week for bench, hitting pr's frequently. Bench is 330 at 17 years old so I'm not sure if that's "intermediate"

That's a good bench for a 17 year old period. Depending on your weight it could be an amazing feat. You are doing very well for your age and if you stick to it you could potentially hit some big numbers.

I weigh 205 right now, I compete in powerlifting and have done very well.

How do you do the 5x5 program, i really dont understand it, is it 5 sets of 5 reps with same weight or 5 sets of 5 reps increasing weight with each set and do you go to failure on every set, also do you max on this program or no?
Could you explain it more in depth.

Thanks

I weigh 205 right now, I compete in powerlifting and have done very well.

Your definitely on a good pace. You could do some damage in future. Just stay focused and dedicated.

How do you do the 5x5 program, i really dont understand it, is it 5 sets of 5 reps with same weight or 5 sets of 5 reps increasing weight with each set and do you go to failure on every set, also do you max on this program or no?
Could you explain it more in depth.

Thanks

I don't do the program, I just do 5 reps for 5 sets of the same weight for my compound lifts. I waaaay prefer 8-12 reps for 3 sets on isolation exercises.

Top Bottom