Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hi ladies, new to the forum :)

mattie o

hey, im mattie...guess ill get right to it!

27 yrs old
135 lb, 5-5.5
low carber, very clean, 1200-1800 calories per day
just started an EC stack
4-5x per week cardio: 30 minutes power walking, medium intensity intervals, bike, whatever i feel like that day...
4-5x per week heavy lifting, trying now to focus on full body movements and all over toning and fat loss...
goal is to lose this last little bit of fat on my sides...my little saddle bags :mad: and the bit on my stomach. im very close, i think the next pant size down, or maybe even two, would make me happy. im not a slave to the scale, but to the bikini :rolleyes:

have been lifting heavily and regularly for about a year, starting to feel discouraged that i cant get this last tiny bit of fat off...grrr. but i keep on keepin on.

look forward to chatting with all of you! :heart:

Hi and welcome!

Can you tell us what your diet consists of? What you eat, how your meals are spaced, etc. You may not be eating enough for your level of activity. If your calories are too low, your body will be stubborn about holding onto those last fat reserves.

I also gifted you a week of free plat. Use it to run some searches on ECA stacks and diet planning, there is a ton of information here spanning ten years.

Hi Mattie, Cardio on an empty stomach does a hatchet job on BF upon first waking up,Esp after 10 hrs from your last meal.And don't get discouraged that last bit of fat is stubborn and is the last to go.
Welcome to Elite!

RADAR

hey, im mattie...guess ill get right to it!

27 yrs old
135 lb, 5-5.5
low carber, very clean, 1200-1800 calories per day
just started an EC stack
4-5x per week cardio: 30 minutes power walking, medium intensity intervals, bike, whatever i feel like that day...
4-5x per week heavy lifting, trying now to focus on full body movements and all over toning and fat loss...
goal is to lose this last little bit of fat on my sides...my little saddle bags :mad: and the bit on my stomach. im very close, i think the next pant size down, or maybe even two, would make me happy. im not a slave to the scale, but to the bikini :rolleyes:

have been lifting heavily and regularly for about a year, starting to feel discouraged that i cant get this last tiny bit of fat off...grrr. but i keep on keepin on.

look forward to chatting with all of you! :heart:

Hi Mattie and welcome!

Yes, I'm looking forward to see you post your current diet. What you eat and drink through the day.

hi! thanks for welcoming me, everyone :)

so my diet...well, as i mentioned before, im a low carb gal. so, typically, my diet consists of meats (i mostly stay away from proccessed stuff) eggs, i allow myself up to a cup of cheese a day....a salad here and there, butter....you know. i try and replace a meal with a protein shake if i can. i drink about a gallon of water per day, and 1-2 cups of green tea. i rarely cheat, and if i do have a "treat", its still low carb: ie, sugar free candy, wine, etc.

so, for example, yesterday i had: (in no particular order....)

4 or 5 ounce steak
a few ounces of chicken breast fried in bacon grease
a salad with a chicken breast, cheese, 0 carb caesar dressing, a few green olives
a protein shake made with vanilla flavored body fortress protein powder and a little half and half
green tea
and of course, and ocean of water

aaaaaand thats about it. doesnt sound like much, but it totaled 1269 calories the day before i had about 1900, so i try to change it up. i dont feel starving ever. portion control is a big issure for me, thats why im enjoying this EC stack so much, it really takes the edge off my appetite. :)

for an example of what i do in the gym, yesterday i did the following: (please note this was a heavy workout day...i had lots of extra energy, and wanted to try some new exercises)

bent over rows, 45 lb bar, 4x10
squat jumps, 30 lb bar, 4x10 (ugh)
good mornings, 30 lb bar, 4x10 (never tried those before...hmm)
various ab exercises...haning leg lifts, "accordions" (not sure what theyre really called, but i did them with a 8 lb dumbell between my feet, awesome!), did a few sets on the oblique machine...
i also did sort of a kettleball thing...i saw them doing it on the biggest loser and wanted to try it, ha ha. we dont have kettleballs at the gym, so i just used a dumbell. i just did like a squat, slung the dumbell between my legs, then exploded back up, and "pressed" the dumbell above my head, then did 10 with the dumbell in the other hand. (does that make sense? its hard to explain lifts :)

that was on my lunch break. after work i went back to the gym and did 30 minutes on the tread mill, 2 minutes walk 4mph, 2 minutes run 6mph, alternating. every 10 minutes i upped the elevation a bit.

wow, this is a long post. like i said, i dont do THAT much in the gym every day. :) but i do work hard. :)

carbs are not the evil thing hollywood wants you to believe they are. You need cards for energy and starving yourself of them CAN contribute to your body holding onto those fat stores.

It's simply a matter of know WHAT carbs to eat, and when to eat them. generaly speaking before four you want to eat complex carbs. Whole grains, oats, yams, etc. Thandie can come up with a long list of good ones. After four, move more towards carbs that come from green veggies.

1200 calories is definitely nowhere near enough for you. Bacon grease? No no no...none of that. Like carbs, your body needs fat, but good fats that come from olive oil and almonds and fish and avacado (for example).

As far as the workout...I like the interval training...and cardio in the morning before you eat really does help with fat loss. I personally am not a big fan of ab workouts. if you are doing compound lifts like deads and squats, your abs are getting PLENTY of work. that's my opinion though.

I'll just wait for thandie to come in with the big list of good fats and carbs...

Welcome!

Based on that diet it looks like you are in ketosis. Do you do any scheduled carb refeeds? If you have been in ketosis and a calorie deficit, a good 24 hour carb refeed will send your metabolism flying. This will also provide you with some seriously intense training sessions 2 or 3 days following.

hi! thanks for welcoming me, everyone :)

so my diet...well, as i mentioned before, im a low carb gal. so, typically, my diet consists of meats (i mostly stay away from proccessed stuff) eggs, i allow myself up to a cup of cheese a day....a salad here and there, butter....you know. i try and replace a meal with a protein shake if i can. i drink about a gallon of water per day, and 1-2 cups of green tea. i rarely cheat, and if i do have a "treat", its still low carb: ie, sugar free candy, wine, etc.

so, for example, yesterday i had: (in no particular order....)

4 or 5 ounce steak
a few ounces of chicken breast fried in bacon grease
a salad with a chicken breast, cheese, 0 carb caesar dressing, a few green olives
a protein shake made with vanilla flavored body fortress protein powder and a little half and half
green tea
and of course, and ocean of water

aaaaaand thats about it. doesnt sound like much, but it totaled 1269 calories the day before i had about 1900, so i try to change it up. i dont feel starving ever. portion control is a big issure for me, thats why im enjoying this EC stack so much, it really takes the edge off my appetite. :)

for an example of what i do in the gym, yesterday i did the following: (please note this was a heavy workout day...i had lots of extra energy, and wanted to try some new exercises)

bent over rows, 45 lb bar, 4x10
squat jumps, 30 lb bar, 4x10 (ugh)
good mornings, 30 lb bar, 4x10 (never tried those before...hmm)
various ab exercises...haning leg lifts, "accordions" (not sure what theyre really called, but i did them with a 8 lb dumbell between my feet, awesome!), did a few sets on the oblique machine...
i also did sort of a kettleball thing...i saw them doing it on the biggest loser and wanted to try it, ha ha. we dont have kettleballs at the gym, so i just used a dumbell. i just did like a squat, slung the dumbell between my legs, then exploded back up, and "pressed" the dumbell above my head, then did 10 with the dumbell in the other hand. (does that make sense? its hard to explain lifts :)

that was on my lunch break. after work i went back to the gym and did 30 minutes on the tread mill, 2 minutes walk 4mph, 2 minutes run 6mph, alternating. every 10 minutes i upped the elevation a bit.

wow, this is a long post. like i said, i dont do THAT much in the gym every day. :) but i do work hard. :)

Did you actually fried the chicken? LOL!
You should have whole food that's been baked steamed, grilled, etc
Don't or try not to have processed foods AND fried foods; you'll clog your arteries at some point.

You also need to have about 5 meals a day INCLUDING complex carbs.
With your meals have:
Oatmeal or buckwheat with 3 egg whites and 1 yolk
Skinless breast of chicken with a salad and brown rice or quinoa.
Turkey with sweet potato and vegetables.
Fish is great for you with vegetables.
1 protein shake.

Combine them any way you'd like and add more carbs, experiment, but make it healthy.

Drink lots of water and have green tea.
You basically repeat these till you get what

Hi, and welcome to Elite.
The ladies (and some gentlemen that come on this forum) are excellent here and are quite helpful. If you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak up!

Hope you enjoy the site.

Top Bottom