Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my plan - critique please

jenscats5 said:
Hi Grrl! I personally am still consuming small amounts of dairy -- mostly skim milk. Some of the ladies don't consume it at all and some it bloats. It's up to the person whether to consume it or not. It does have sugars and can bloat you and some prefer to get their calories from food you can chew. Milk even tho it's a liquid is still a food.

I don't know anything about pork rinds except that aren't they deep fried pork skin? Watch the sodium in stuff like that....

Watch the fat in cheese sticks........some nuts are better than others. Walnuts are a good source of good fats. Peanuts are good too so is ANPB. Just watch your portions.

Protein bars are good for convienience but can contain a lot of crap. I personally don't buy into the net carb thing. To me a net carb is the total carbs less fiber. Try and save your bars as a last resort.

It also may help you to track your calories depending on what type of person you are. I have to do this to keep on track, Daisy for example can "eyeball" which I can't do.....A good and free website is www.fitday.com where you can track what you eat to see where you may need to make changes.

Try posting up an example of your diet for a day or two & we can advise you where to make changes.....Welcome to the site!!

What jen said. Good advice. :)

Snacks...... cottage cheese, egg whites, beef jerky is fine (but high in sodium, and sometimes fat), celery and Natural Peanut Butter, Low Carb Tortilla and 1 tbsp hummus....etc.....

Thanks DG!! (hmmmm suggesing cottage cheese??)

Veggies + hummus are tasty!! And easy to make homemade without the tahini which as a lot of fat in it.....if you want a recipe let me know....

I also like to make "quesadillas" out of a whole wheat (you can use low carb or whatever you want) wrap. I toast them in the toaster oven and sometimes use a slice of FF cheese (30 cals) & dip in salsa.

Tuna pate is good too. Just mix tuna with some diced veggies and either olive oil + balsamic or if you have the room some mayo and dip with veggies...

Also check out the Muscle Food board for lots of great recipe ideas!

Top Bottom