Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my plan - critique please

So maybe what I'll do is sometimes have a powder shake in the evening after my weight lifting session but use food the rest of the time.

I'm a little freaked right now. Had my cholesterol tested about 1 year ago & it was high - about 240. Ugh. I did ok for awhile eating right & worked on lowering it but as the months have gone by I've slowly started eating more & more junk, which is obvious by my weight. Anyway, my gyn wants to take my chol on Thursday this week & I am soooo afraid it will be higher than it was a year ago. Even though my good chol was in the high range overall it was still way to high & I am terrified to have it taken on Thur. I am eating my clean diet from today on & I wonder how much of a difference the diet along with exercise can make in 4 days. I guess I'll find out. I am hopeful, though because everything I read on it says diet & exercise will lower most peoples chol to a normal range. It just seemed so much more real to me today when she said to me "You really need to lose weight because it is not healthy to be overweight & on the pill & I want to check your chol, too." I do realize this is totally reversible but today I feel so humbled & am an emotional wreck. :worried:

Anyway, I am off to do some cardio & then I am going to write up my tweaked version of my "New Me" plan. I'll post it then & see what you think.

Hope you're having a great day & also to anyone else who might be reading! Thanks for listening if you've read this far!

Smiles,
Cat

Hey Cat!! I like Optimum Nutrition protein powders. I've never used the RTD shakes so I can't comment on them. We have a store near us that sells supplements (kinda like GNC) cheaper then GNC. I get a 2 lb tub for around $15. If you're going to supplement, it may be worth your time to research a bit.

ON has a Double Rich Chocolate that is awesome!! And I like the Vanilla Ice Cream also. The guys over on the Diet Board (here) also have been raving about the Chocolate mint so I may try it.....

jenscats5 said:
Hey Cat!! I like Optimum Nutrition protein powders. I've never used the RTD shakes so I can't comment on them. We have a store near us that sells supplements (kinda like GNC) cheaper then GNC. I get a 2 lb tub for around $15. If you're going to supplement, it may be worth your time to research a bit.

ON has a Double Rich Chocolate that is awesome!! And I like the Vanilla Ice Cream also. The guys over on the Diet Board (here) also have been raving about the Chocolate mint so I may try it.....
Thanks JenZ. I will check out the ON powders. I am certainly not set on any certain one yet so any suggestions of what you like are very welcome. And I will search around for what will work best for me & the best prices, too. I never like to spend more than I have to. :)

Smiles,
Cat

Daisy_Girl said:
I use both. But I rely on the RTDs more. I use the powder when home, RTDs when not.

It is always better to choose real food over supplements. The ONLY expection could be post-lifting, then a whey shake is good.

To replace, you can just repeat any meal. I try to limit my starchy carbs to 2 meals only, usually Meal 1 and 3. You can choose egg whites, Cottage Cheese, meat, fish....etc......plus a veggie or blend of different veggies.

10pm isn't too late, especially if you are only having a shake w/ a little fat and minimal carbs. It is just something small and slowly digested. Can do 2 scoops whey protein (NitroTech), 1/4c skim milk and rest water. The milk will slow digestion down. Or you can skip the milk, do all water and put 1tsp PB.
OK. Here's what I'm thinking.

Sun - Fri
1) am post cardio 3/4 C cream of wheat or oatmeal w/splenda
1 whole + 5 egg whites (7:15am)

2) L/F cottage cheese (1/2 cup?), low GI fruit (10:15am)

3) 4oz ckn or turkey w/ brown rice & 10 almonds. (1:15pm)

4) 4 egg whites & grapefruit (4:15pm) (too late for grapefruit?)

5) 4oz ckn or turk or fish w/veggies or salad w1 tbsp olive oil & vinegar (7:15pm)

6) post lifting protein shake (10:15pm)

sleep around 11:30pm

Is this good or am I missing something??

Thanks,
Cat

PS After doing some chol lowering research I am going to add some soy milk & 1 C purple grape juice to my diet. Also psyllium fiber. These are supposed to really help lower cholesterol & make your heart more healthy. Plan to add them early in the day about meal 1-3 or so.

PSS What do you think about the Pure Protein Shake I listed the stats for on another post I made about RTD shakes?

Tx!

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:

Cat_In_LA said:
Thanks JenZ. I will check out the ON powders. I am certainly not set on any certain one yet so any suggestions of what you like are very welcome. And I will search around for what will work best for me & the best prices, too. I never like to spend more than I have to. :)

Smiles,
Cat

Try ordering your optimum whey off the net at musclesurf.com or vigoroursliving.com
I buy it four or five, five lb. containers at a time.

thanks for posting your plan of action, Cat.

I'm in a similar boat...
I'm 5'7" and currently 167 lbs.
I'm 31, and on Triphasil (birth control pill).

I was doing cardio 2x a day, and now I know from this thread that i was probably going way too overboard with minimal results.

I was looking into suplimenting my diet and workout with a fat burner, but of course I have no idea which one to take that won't screw up the effectiveness of my birth control pills, or give me adverse side effects.

And of course, when it comes to diet, I have no idea what the heck I should be doing. I have been cutting out all pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, tortillas, bread and of course all sweets and sugared drinks. I figured I'd go low carb (but not high fat) so I've been sticking to grilled fish, salmon, lean meat, jerky, eggs, and lots of green veggies (raw and cooked). And I take a multi vitamin and flaxseed oil gel caps.

But of course I have no idea if dairy is for the diet if I really want to lose weight...I usually have some cheese every day for calcium and an occaisonal dollop of reg. sour cream. And a slew of questions also come to mind when eating 4 small meals a day -- are beef jerky/pork rinds good or bad? Nuts good or bad? cheese sticks good or bad? protein bars good or bad? And so on....

so I have to say I'm impressed with your plan (diet and exercise), Cat.
I may have to follow in your footsteps!

:)

grrl said:
thanks for posting your plan of action, Cat.

I'm in a similar boat...
I'm 5'7" and currently 167 lbs.
I'm 31, and on Triphasil (birth control pill).

I was doing cardio 2x a day, and now I know from this thread that i was probably going way too overboard with minimal results.

I was looking into suplimenting my diet and workout with a fat burner, but of course I have no idea which one to take that won't screw up the effectiveness of my birth control pills, or give me adverse side effects.

And of course, when it comes to diet, I have no idea what the heck I should be doing. I have been cutting out all pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, tortillas, bread and of course all sweets and sugared drinks. I figured I'd go low carb (but not high fat) so I've been sticking to grilled fish, salmon, lean meat, jerky, eggs, and lots of green veggies (raw and cooked). And I take a multi vitamin and flaxseed oil gel caps.

But of course I have no idea if dairy is for the diet if I really want to lose weight...I usually have some cheese every day for calcium and an occaisonal dollop of reg. sour cream. And a slew of questions also come to mind when eating 4 small meals a day -- are beef jerky/pork rinds good or bad? Nuts good or bad? cheese sticks good or bad? protein bars good or bad? And so on....

so I have to say I'm impressed with your plan (diet and exercise), Cat.
I may have to follow in your footsteps!

:)

Hi Grrl! I personally am still consuming small amounts of dairy -- mostly skim milk. Some of the ladies don't consume it at all and some it bloats. It's up to the person whether to consume it or not. It does have sugars and can bloat you and some prefer to get their calories from food you can chew. Milk even tho it's a liquid is still a food.

I don't know anything about pork rinds except that aren't they deep fried pork skin? Watch the sodium in stuff like that....

Watch the fat in cheese sticks........some nuts are better than others. Walnuts are a good source of good fats. Peanuts are good too so is ANPB. Just watch your portions.

Protein bars are good for convienience but can contain a lot of crap. I personally don't buy into the net carb thing. To me a net carb is the total carbs less fiber. Try and save your bars as a last resort.

It also may help you to track your calories depending on what type of person you are. I have to do this to keep on track, Daisy for example can "eyeball" which I can't do.....A good and free website is www.fitday.com where you can track what you eat to see where you may need to make changes.

Try posting up an example of your diet for a day or two & we can advise you where to make changes.....Welcome to the site!!

Top Bottom